Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NEW Bike-on quad elite with electronic shifting

NEW Bike-on quad elite with electronic shifting

This is by far the sickest looking Quad Elite we have done. It has QE level 1,2 & 5. Level 5 is our electronic shifting ive been running for several months. We use the Alfine 11sp internal hub DI2. We chose this because from a dead stop on the side of a hill you can down shift as many gears as you need without ever turning the cranks. The other unique feature since he has no wrist function in his left hand I suggested an elbow shift for his double 23/38 q-rings.
    This is going to my customer in Australia. He is a C5. He wanted white jagwire cables and rear spinergies. IT JUST POPS.
    for any further info feel free to email me john@bike-on.com

Last edited by fuentejps; 08-29-2014 at 12:41 PM.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Looks great John. Shifting is one of the biggest issues I have w/ my current handcycle. The Di2 setup is intriguing.

shifting and braking have always been our(quads) biggest issues. the di2 with the internal hub is just so darn easy. on my quad elite im currently testing a single chain ring and im loving it. I find i'm constantly shifting into that "sweet" spot with the di2 because its so easy to do. don't get me wrong the wrist shifters work great BUT you still have all the adjustments and cable stretch etc. none of that with DI2. I reprogrammed my buttons to rapid shift when button is held down as well.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Looks great John. Shifting is one of the biggest issues I have w/ my current handcycle. The Di2 setup is intriguing.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Nice.

Single chainring up at the crank? If that works well, you should look into belt drives, e.g. http://www.carbondrivesystems.com/

yep on the crank. 2 issues with a belt for this application. 1. length. we use about 1.5 chain lengths. no belts that long, stock anyway 2. wouldn't be compatible with q-ring, which makes a huge difference climbing with no or weak triceps
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

something else scott. im building my new Quad Elite with 700c frame. really gives so many more options. keep that in mind when you do yours.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com

Haha... I need to save a few more pesos before buying any new cycling gear, but I could really use a more functional setup these days. Keep figuring out all the best quad-friendly stuff & I'll hit you up someday.

This seems like a sweet bike. However, if you want to go for highest speed possible you don't want to run a IGH like Alfine. It's certainly very practical but you'll always get more drivetrain-loss than running conventional gears.
    Electronic shifting however, is a thing of beauty and is especially great for quads as it brings endless options regarding placement of the satellite shifter.

I've been running Di2 on two of my bikes for about two years and it's been flawless. Running single chainring on both bikes and 700C on one of them.

reason for this setup is the ability to shift without advancing the cranks. ex-if you get stuck in a hill in wrong gear then you just downshift, cant do that with derailleur and cassette. as a quad it has been HUGE for me and the drivetrain loss is so minimal the end result is worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by AndersBackman View Post
    This seems like a sweet bike. However, if you want to go for highest speed possible you don't want to run a IGH like Alfine. It's certainly very practical but you'll always get more drivetrain-loss than running conventional gears.
    Electronic shifting however, is a thing of beauty and is especially great for quads as it brings endless options regarding placement of the satellite shifter.

I've been running Di2 on two of my bikes for about two years and it's been flawless. Running single chainring on both bikes and 700C on one of them.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com