Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can the SmartDrive be used on an Icon?

Can the SmartDrive be used on an Icon?

Does anyone know if Icon has mad an attachment or if Max Mobility has?

I think icon has maybe Jeff will ring in on this

Thank you. I think Jeff would know best but I am worried he may be concerned about posting an Icon specific answer. I don't know if there's a more proper forum for me to put the question in.

Quote Originally Posted by randomryan007 View Post
    I think icon has maybe Jeff will ring in on this

Regarding "Can the SmartDrive be used on an Icon?" - no.

However, Jeff has ordered a Smart Drive for the purpose of producing something that can enable the two products to be used together.

Great, thank you for the news. I bet he'll come up with something. I hope when he does, he'll post about it on Care Cure.

Quote Originally Posted by WC_Sage View Post
    Regarding "Can the SmartDrive be used on an Icon?" - no.

However, Jeff has ordered a Smart Drive for the purpose of producing something that can enable the two products to be used together.

Quote Originally Posted by grommet View Post
    I hope when he does, he'll post about it on Care Cure.
    If he feels that he's allowed to on this forum....

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but having seen the number of people contributing to the Equipment forum shrink following the VB-version debacle, and now this issue about manufacturers/dealers having to follow some extremely unclear rules (which were, from memory, started up when there were spammers and many blatant advertisers on this forum pre-VB-Version change, so not really a problem any more), do people want this Equipment forum to shrink into obscurity? Personally I welcome any contributions from manufacturers/dealers - I can choose whether to read their posts or ignore them, and if anyone disagrees with what a manufacturer or dealer is saying, they can post their view too.

(Grommet, just to be clear - none of this is directed at you at all - I've just reached frustration point and felt I needed to vent!)
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Yes, there is a specific bracket for the smart drive thats about to be released. There are also those who use the Icon with the smart drive without the bracket. There are a variety of ways to mount the battery depending on the individuals needs, mine will be mounted under the chair, some mount it behind the backrest.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    If he feels that he's allowed to on this forum....

Sorry for hijacking this thread, but having seen the number of people contributing to the Equipment forum shrink following the VB-version debacle, and now this issue about manufacturers/dealers having to follow some extremely unclear rules (which were, from memory, started up when there were spammers and many blatant advertisers on this forum pre-VB-Version change, so not really a problem any more), do people want this Equipment forum to shrink into obscurity? Personally I welcome any contributions from manufacturers/dealers - I can choose whether to read their posts or ignore them, and if anyone disagrees with what a manufacturer or dealer is saying, they can post their view too.

(Grommet, just to be clear - none of this is directed at you at all - I've just reached frustration point and felt I needed to vent!)

I hope Jeff feels like he can post here, too. Lots of people using his chairs need his feedback and input, and he needs and wants theirs. Nothing unclear about the rules, either. Unless the distinction between equipment chat and posting advertisements seems fuzzy to you. Doesn't to me. It's new to me, but I'm enjoying my Icon quite a bit. I hope Jeff doesn't disappear.
    "I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it." - Edgar Allen Poe

"If you only know your side of an issue, you know nothing." -John Stuart Mill, On Liberty

"Even what those with the greatest reputation for knowing it all claim to understand and defend are but opinions..." -Heraclitus, Fragments

Quote Originally Posted by Oddity View Post
    Nothing unclear about the rules, either. Unless the distinction between equipment chat and posting advertisements seems fuzzy to you. Doesn't to me.
    Perhaps someone could explain it clearly to Jeff (and me) then (not necessarily in this thread). In Jeff's (hopefully not) last post on this forum he says "I still don't understand clearly if I'm ever allowed to post in Equipment."
    Last edited by Gordy1; 08-27-2014 at 10:34 PM. Reason: type
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    Perhaps someone could explain it clearly to Jeff (and me) then (not necessarily in this thread). In Jeff's (hopefully not) last post on this forum he says "I still don't understand clearly if I'm ever allowed to post in Equipment."
    Curt explains posting guidelines in post 39: http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...37#post1744137
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.