Thread: Icon and the speedy lift

Icon and the speedy lift

I have had many questions about the compatibility of my Icon and the speedy lift.so I am going to start this post.

1. Yes I had a speedy lift.
    2. I had to have special brackets fabricated. This costed me only materials due to me having a friend who could Fabercate it
    3. When I got my speedy lift I had to have my icon first.
    4. I have two stabilizer bars on the back of my chair. One for pushing when the need arises and one for my speedy lift.
    5. No the speedy lift will not work with the smart drive attached. Nor will it work with the freewheel attached.
    6. I also got the stock brackets that came with my speedy lift. If the need ever arises to get another chair that is not an icon I can use it. Tilite ect
    7. Yes I loved my speedy lift.
    8. My speedy lift was Stoled a few months back. Very sad. I hope who ever Stoled it is enjoying it. No my insurance is not covering it. I was stupid and left my auto unlocked one night and went to get in my auto and no speedy lift. Lesson learned lock your autos when you live in the city.
    now I am with out my lift. And no funds to get a new one.
    i hope this is direct and to the point.

What kind of vehicle ? Mazda 5 ?

It was in my honda pilot.

I am really mad at myself. But nothing I can do.

I'm so sorry yours was stolen, what a horrible thing for someone to do.

There is no compatibility issue between the Icon and the speedy lift, and a custom bracket isn't required. Adapt Solutions emailed me "
    My technician said that you should be ok with the Icon wheelchair. From what he was able to see on Google Image the part under the seat shouldn't interfere with the Speedy-Lift." Then today I went in with my demo Icon to try out the speedy lift and xl seat installed in a vehicle and we had no problem at all. I would just recommend to work with a good experienced company that knows what they're doing and could make any adjustments needed. The company I went to today is called Superior Van and Mobility.

I have a Dodge Grand Caravan, and the vehicle I tested it in was a Town and Country of the same year so identical to my vehicle.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Nice. Well dam. I wasted money to make. Bracket. Why didn't my deal tell me? Son of a rippin cow. Well now it have to figure out how to get a new one