Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: VMI vs Braun

Quote Originally Posted by McDuff View Post
    damn, did they put a lift kit on that Toyota? Never seen such empty wheel wells.
    As my above post suggests maybe it time that fenderskirts are brought back into style.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

I'm in agreement with you all that the gap in the rear tire well looks hideous and needs some kind of aftermarket finder skirt to cover it up my 2001 Chrysler t/c has that ugly stance. On the other hand I previously owned a 96 Ford minivan with an infloor ramp and rear air bags. It looked cool however it sat so low it scraped going over anything even pebbles in the road. Ha ha

I wish I could afford one of these newer vans but they want an arm and leg for them only way I'm riding around in one is in my dreams or during a rental if mine breaks down.
    Courage is being scared to death but saddling up anyway. .(John Wayne)

Being the gearhead that I am, I got curious and checked a video of 'how it's built'. After being mesmerized by the recitation of how awesome the conversion was...this caught my eye...some extra-schlocky duct taping of a wiring harness to the wheelhousing just before the skilled craftsmen put the cover back on. Guess that missed the editing process, lol.

Name:  vantape.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  120.3 KB

Well, that was good enough to stop and take a screen grab...back to finish the show

doesn't the vmi have a bump towards the entrance of van that woldit hardr to get up
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

Quote Originally Posted by SCIfor55yrs. View Post
    VMI deserves credit for at least publishing one of the most important specs. Google cannot find those specs anywhere for Braun conversions. I am going out with a ruler today to at least measure the "ground effects" on my Honda. Why can't they call them something more meaningful like "side skirts?" back in my younger days they used to have fender skirts to cover up a good bit of the wheel and wheel well.
    I agree VMI list all of the important specs.. Another reason why it's lifted is the maximum floor drop of 14.875 inches..

I just recently purchased a new 2014 Braun Honda Odyssey that I love...it's really quiet and a really smooth ride! I would definitely recommend going with a Braun conversion. Name:  van.jpg
Views: 420
Size:  571.9 KB

A couple of photos of our 3 week old 2014 Honda Odyssey with BraunAbility conversion. After driving both the Toyota Sienna and the Honda, my wife preferred the Honda. I am 6'1" and have plenty of headroom when in my Permobil M300.

Name:  honda ramp.jpg
Views: 411
Size:  107.2 KB

I got a finger in the way on this one. lol

Name:  honda.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  86.6 KB
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wheelin 48 View Post
    doesn't the vmi have a bump towards the entrance of van that woldit hardr to get up
    Yeah, the last foot or so is significantly steeper. It can be dangerous if your ramp is already at a dicey angle due to a sloping parking space.
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

I use the VMI Toyota Sienna, a 2012 model. Very reliable (broadcasting company engineering vehicle driven by multiple physically challenged engineers, myself included). Very reliable, no issues beyond normal maintenance related. No regrets. And VMI is the best to deal with when any concerns arise. I love the van (I am supposed to get it as a take home when the business tax deduction is written off) I love VMI and the van. And we would buy another. It now has around 65,000 miles and drives and runs like new. No rattles, totally awesome engineering, build quality, and reliability in daily service.

Quote Originally Posted by Donno View Post
    Yeah, the last foot or so is significantly steeper. It can be dangerous if your ramp is already at a dicey angle due to a sloping parking space.
    The newer models have really fixed that "bump". My 2010 Honda has that, but the 2014 Toyota is not really noticeable.