Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Accessible cabin on a cruise

Can you move the beds if you need access from both sides of the bed for stretches and dressing? Probably varies but I thought I would ask. That seems to be my biggest hurdle when traveling with my C5...the size and positioning of the beds. Too big and I turn into a contortionist when helping with dressing, stretches, and re-positioning at night. If it is right up next to the wall and I can't move it I ask for another room.

I always have a conversation with the hotel about all the specifics about the room so I guess I just answered my own question.

The staff will normally be very happy to move beds for you as most "queen" beds are 2 twins pushed together and a foam strip laid down so no one slides down into the canyon. Getting things like night stands actually removed from the room is harder but they will move stuff around as much as possible. One thing cruise ships do tend toward are lower beds than most hotels. My husband's back loved when Celebrity, are preferred line, updated to higher beds. Many still have beds that are almost the height of camp cots.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Thanks to GJ2 and KLD for posting the pictures. I'm a visual kind of person so actually seeing the rooms makes more sense to me than a verbal description.

Thanks for the info Sue and thanks to all for the pictures they really do help!

We're doing a cruise around Hawaii in October on the Norwegian Pride of America, an all American crew. This should be interesting.. I'll make sure we get pics. I'll check out things tomorrow I may have pictures of. I'm pretty sure we have both a Celebrity M Class aft CC cabin and a HAL suite on the Amsterdam ( bucket list cruises deserve a big upgrade) sitting on the spouse's computer or still on the camera card.

Flying out of Minneapolis gives you fairly good air prices to both coasts and down south. If you go to Florida try to avoid Miami and fly into Ft Lauderdale. Miami is like flyer hell on the ground like O'Hare is to up in the sky.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.