Thread: Seinfeld's "Monk's Cafe" sued for ADA viiolation

Seinfeld's "Monk's Cafe" sued for ADA viiolation

http://www.nydailynews.com/new-york/...icle-1.1905369

( I'm not sure why this posted under an older, unrelated post. Can't delete. Sorry. Thought the article was interesting.
    Last edited by 2drwhofans; 08-16-2014 at 06:08 PM.

Moved to its own thread.

(KLD)

"A manager for Tom’s said there is space for disabled customers in their outdoor cafe."

Well that's mighty kind of them, lol!

Does not appear to be any reason that this entrance could not be fairly easily ramped (as long as they are allowed to encroach on the sidewalk).

Must be fun for people in wheelchairs to eat in the "outdoor cafe" in the middle of the winter!!!

Of course this would mean giving up some of their outdoor seating areas, but I doubt if that would cut is as an "undue hardship" claim for why they are not making their restaurant accessible:

(KLD)

Have they remodeled this place to trigger this lawsuit? If they have it looks like they could have moved the entrance to the left corner where there is about half the rise, maybe only 3 inches. ADA ramp ratio of 1:12 for 3 inches would be 3 feet, so that seems very reasonable. 4 inches is 4 feet, still good.
    The comment from the owner disgusts me.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.