Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: internet explorer problems

internet explorer problems

some pages are saying internet explorer cannot view or load webpage

anyone having same problem

what browser do yall prefer
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

I prefer Firefox or Chrome.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Probably not the browser, unless you have a virus. (There are some areas of the country having internet delays over the last week or so0.

I've used Internet Explorer since around 1998. Everyone around me switched to Chrome or Firefox long ago. I was having the same problems viewing and loading webpages with the last few IE versions. Every time it happened I could open those pages in Chrome or Firefox but not with IE. I was even having problems with IE failing to show "Comments" on news sites. Internet Explorer caused a problem a year or so ago with an employer benefits site. I couldn't log in with it. For some reason I kept getting messages that I needed IE 9 or greater. I had 9; even tried installing 10. No go! Firefox worked though. I've finally had enough and switched to Firefox. I won't be going back.

I have used IE I think since it was invented. No issues. The virus suggestion sounds like good place to start. You also need to make sure your system is up to date on any kind of updates that are continually provided. Another idea, delete the IE history if you do not have some software/security doing it for you.

I deleted history scanned for viruses its only a few pages having trouble
    I downloaded firefox and am trying it so far so good

Are you continually running security software from time you turn computer on or just periodically. If only a few pages and they are continually the same, it sounds like something is loaded in your PC memory that is associated or finding those pages.

yes I am as far as I know

Quote Originally Posted by rlmtrhmiles View Post
    Are you continually running security software from time you turn computer on or just periodically. If only a few pages and they are continually the same, it sounds like something is loaded in your PC memory that is associated or finding those pages.

they work fine so far with firefox can I somehow erase memory I already deleted history

I am able to do what you are asking, but it is through using Norton360. Would assume it can all be done manually. I have no idea how.