Thread: Clinical trial to investigate safety of neural stem cell transplantation in patients

Clinical trial to investigate safety of neural stem cell transplantation in patients

Let's go I'm ready!

Clinical trial to investigate safety of neural stem cell transplantation in patients with spinal cord injuries
    Published on August 12, 2014 at 4:59 AM ? No Comments
    ⦁ \l "
    inShare
    ⦁ Researchers at the University of California, San Diego School of Medicine have launched a clinical trial to investigate the safety of neural ⦁ stem cell transplantation in patients with chronic spinal cord injuries. This Phase I clinical trial is recruiting eight patients for the 5-year study.
    ⦁ "The goal of this study is to evaluate the safety of transplanting neural ⦁ stem cells into the spine for what one day could be a treatment for spinal cord injuries," said Joseph Ciacci, MD, principal investigator and neurosurgeon at UC San Diego Health System. "The study's immediate goal, however, is to determine whether injecting these neural stem cells into the spine of patients with ⦁ spinal cord injury is safe."
    read...
    http://www.news-medical.net/news/201...-injuries.aspx

ME too!!!!!!!