Thread: Sleep Number Beds

Sleep Number Beds

I am looking to get a new mattress for my bed. I see that you can spend between $900 to $4500 for one of these sleep number beds. Is all the foam padding/comfort layer/pillow tops that they add on these beds as the prices go up worth it? Wondering what bed you went with (Classic/Performance/Memory Foam/Innovation) and how you like them. Do any of you have any issues transferring in and out on these mattresses?

Ours is about 10 years old so I want to say it's the classic. We have a king and love it, I ended up pulling off the pillow top and taking out the mattress (bag) on my side and replacing it with my Pegasus alternating pressure mattress. The only think I wish we had but wasn't available at the time is the one that sits up like a hospital bed.
    ^^(A)^^

I've had a Nautilus for 14 years, they're comparable to the Sleep Numbers. I've had no bad issues with it so far. I have to sleep on my back due to edema, keep my feet propped and have never had a problem with ulcers or red spots. I did add an inch thick memory foam cover to it just for precautions. As far as transferring, I haven't had any issues either. I just add a little air to make it more stable. Whenever this one gives out I'll get a Sleep Number or something similar.

love ours. we went with p5 and split king adj base. amazing bed, I've never ben so comfy. im a 40. get the waterproof matress cover guaranteed replacement of anything that "moisture" gets on. no questions asked.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Tucson, AZ USA / San Carlos, Sonora, Mexico
    I love mine as well....it's a queen w/ adjustable head and feet and massager.....wasn't cheap but at $147/mo. for 48 months and a reasonable int. rate; it's well worth the price.

r
    Rick Goldstein
    GO! Mobility Solutions
    facebook.com/goes.anywhere

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    love ours. we went with p5 and split king adj base. amazing bed, I've never ben so comfy. im a 40. get the waterproof matress cover guaranteed replacement of anything that "moisture" gets on. no questions asked.
    Do you have any problem getting out and transferring to the chair at 40 or do you firm it up to transfer?

I kick up to 100 to dress and transfer.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I have a SN bed also. To decrease cost we bought only the mattress from SN and then the adjustable base at a Sleep Train store. Being able to adjust the mattress level depending on my pain for the night is awesome. Higly recommend.

Sleep number here too. Call the 800 sales line and ask about refubs. You can save 50 % or more. They have the 30 day return policy and some people just return them. As I was told the soft goods are all new but electronics and pump are from a return. You get the same warranty, can get deliver , setup and even special financing. Do not ask about this a the retail store as I was told by retail that no such deals exist.