Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I had my evaluation at the rehab center - Tilite ZRA is ORDERED!

Thumbs up I had my evaluation at the rehab center - Tilite ZRA is ORDERED!

This will be my first custom chair although I've been a chair user for about 18 months now. I can't wait!

I had my evaluation at Good Shepherd rehab in Allentown PA. They complimented me on knowing what I was talking about - thanks, guys! All my lurking really paid off.

My current rig is a Quickie GPV that I got used and that I hate. It's heavy, my cushion is thin and firm, I can't grip the handrims properly so I grip my entire wheel and my hands get disgusting, and it's too wide for me. :P I don't have a SCI, but I do have a progressive neuromuscular disease and have limited function all around, primarily on the left side and am gradually losing function in that leg. We're waiting on insurance to approve everything now.

The new setup:

Tilite ZRA
    White Pearl with Sub-Lime anodized package (I'm gentle with my chair and don't load it myself so the paint will stay nice )
    15" wide
    16" deep
    19" front to floor height (I think 17" to footrest, I don't remember!)
    16" seat to floor, but the OT said I can lower that to increase the dump if I need to
    Jay Go cushion - they tried me on a few options but this was the softest and hurt the least, especially my tailbone
    Jay3 back
    Natural fit rims on standard spokes with solid tires - I know air is better, but I physically can't do tire maintenance so the tradeoff was worth it to me
    5" softroll casters
    Scissor lock brakes
    Fold down push handles

I really am looking forward to feeling comfortable in my chair, it's going to be so nice to be able to actually STAY in it for more than two hours without having to be back in bed because of the pain and lack of proper support. I'm just hoping insurance doesn't pitch a fit about things like the handrims (I can't see why they would since I have limited hand function and physically can't grip the other handrims, but you never know!) I'd really like to thank this entire forum because if I didn't know what I was talking about going into things, I wouldn't have been able to ask for the things I need - the solid back for positioning and most importantly an adjustable chair over something that wasn't.
    Last edited by Broadsey; 08-11-2014 at 08:07 PM.

Huge congrats!! Especially for getting educated and for having your chair spec'd at a clinic!! Keep us informed. I'm seriously considering a white pearl frame on my next chair (my AeroZ is blue pearl). I'm eager to see pics and read comments when you have the chair
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Thank you! The white pearl from what I've seen looks really awesome - actually, I picked my colors because I saw a Twist with them on TiLite's twitter and I fell in love. I will post lots of pictures when I get it, they said I'm looking at probably Oct/Nov.

Congratulations. I hope the rest of the process goes smoothly and you get as soon as possible.

Congrats! Keep us updated.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986

Well done Broadsey. Congratulations. Keep us posted about how it goes, and be sure to post pictures. The white pearl/lime sounds like a nice colour combination -- got me thinking about key lime pie

Just as a note, my husband has pretty severe hemiparesis. He uses D's Locks so they can be locked with only one hand on his unaffected side. They can be retrofitted later if needed with your setup.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I just got home to a letter from dear ol' Cigna...

I am approved!! Everything I asked for, approved with no problem at all. So, now I just have to wait to sign off on the CAD and we'll be good to go!

~elarson - thank you! I haven't looked much into D's locks but now I feel like I'm going to have to, especially as I've been having more issues lately with my arms and anything that requires less energy is a big plus!

Great News!!
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Yay!! Congrats on the new chair forthcoming, and for being APPROVED! Yahoo!

Mystery

Excellan1! You sound very excited.