Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Questions About Wheelchairs/Components in General, and Specifically for TiLite Aero Z

Make sure you get the chair you ordered, very important.

Quote Originally Posted by k4olin View Post
    DME called - I'm getting my Aero Z on monday.
    Sincethis is my first chair (dysautonomia, so i can only stand for a couple minutes) I'll ask.. any tips on things to check or ask the DME?
    Take your time looking it all over. Compare it to the order form line by line. Do not just presume it's right. Even take along your tape measure. After you've checked it all out, take it for a ride before you sign. Remember once you've signed for it, you get to live with it at least five years, so take your time checking it out.

I love my AeroZ - hope you do, too.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

I received my chair last week. The DME spent about an hour with me fine tuning some adjustments. I had him lower the rear seat height so I'm more "in" the chair instead of "on" the chair.. it felt forward tipy before. I would considering even going a bit further.
    He also moved the wheels forward to make the chair more tippy. I can get into a wheelie now if i lean back and move the wheels back and forth some. I feel like I may end up moving that a little bit further forward, dependin on how my learning progresses. Currently I cant seem to pop up the front casters if im already moving forward, such as to try to lift them up over a bump in the sidewalk. I have to stop, lift up the casters, and then move forward again. I'm not sure if that's just a learning curve thing though, so I will give it awhile and see how I do.

Name:  2014-10-27 14.16.47 - Copy.jpg
Views: 1347
Size:  154.8 KBName:  2014-10-27 17.31.01 - Copy.jpg
Views: 1989
Size:  171.6 KB

TiLite Aero Z in matte black
    Reinforced Frame
    20" wide X 19" deep
    85* front angle with front taper
    0* camber and 1" rear wheel spacing
    Front seat height 19"
    Rear seat height 17" (which we adjusted to be lower)
    Angle adjustable footrest
    25" Spinergy Spox
    Schwalbe Marathon Plus Evolution Tires
    Casters 5" x 1.5" litespeed billet aluminum w/ soft roll
    Composite scissor wheel locks
    Swing away tubular arm rests 11"-14" (which thankfully are easily removable as im not sure i like them)
    Padded nylon adjustable tension back
    Rigid removable side guards
    Fold down push handles
    User friendly flip up anti tippers
    Pelvic belt
    Calf strap
    Varilite Evolution 20x20 cushion

Looks Great! Enjoy

Popping your casters up on the move may or may not come to you with practice. I cannot do it, but I have dysmetria in my arms (jerky/unstable movement).
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

~Lin, elarson, Jim, and (last, but certainly not least) chasmengr -- you beautiful bastard -- thanks for your continued help.

Believe you me, I will be going over this thing with a fine tooth comb, should I actually ever get it. I don't remember what all I said last time I was here -- I know I could just go back and read it, but meh, haha -- but something is up with this process. I don't trust this people one bit, but so much time and effort has gone into this that I am at least going to see it through to the end. If it's all correct, good. I'm not assuming that will be the case, though, and I'll tell them to shove it up their asses.

My first appointment was the last week of May, and they told me they'd have it finished and delivered by the first week of September. I knew there was no way that would happen, but that's fine. It's now November. At one point, the woman I've been in contact with had something happen -- my presumption is surgery of some sort, chemo, or had a baby -- and apparently has been working from home. She contacted me and said she would send me the final version of the order form to approve before submitting it. A month went by. I contacted her (I've been doing it all via email so it's on file) and asked what was going on. She wrote back that she was waiting to hear from me that everything was OK; she'd order it now. I replied saying I never got anything. She basically said, "Oh, whoopsies! I thought I sent it."

So, there was a month in total wasted. A similar instance happened after that and another week and a half were wasted. It was then she told me that she had been working from home and having emails forwarded there, and she wasn't getting them all. Well, if you know there is a problem and you aren't getting all your emails from work, stop forwarding them. Or double and triple check with people.

I don't mean to take it all out on her, because she's been very nice and the only person to really answer my questions, but it's pretty indicative of how this entire process has gone.

And thus commences rant # God only knows about this.

On a final note, congratulations, k4olin! I'm glad everything seems to be going well with your new chair. One question: Matte black and the "Black Lava" are not the same color, correct?

Also, I got an email about someone from either Russia or Germany (depending on which Google IP lookup result you choose) trying multiple times to sign into my account, so if anyone happens to get any strange private messages from me, that'd be why.

yup.. i had ordered matte black, but somewhere things got confused and i ended up with the shiny what i think they call "Wet black".
    but i wasnt gonna grump about matte vs. shiny when they had gotten everything else right

This weekend I moved the casters to a different hole in order to raise the front a touch.
    And i lowered the rear seat height as low as it would go.
    And then adjusted the brakes accordingly.
    Also lowered the back a bit.
    It feels a lot better now. Like I'm more "in" the chair.
    Though the cushion does still sometimes feel too close to the backs of my knees.. but im trying to get used to that.
    I know that a lot of the problem in getting the angle right has to do with how overweight I am..
    I'm working on that! and having mobility will help!

now i need to resolve an issue with the sideguards being about an inch too short.. but im working on that.

I also have to learn how to grab the handrims without killing my hands. I have not figured out what exactly im doing wrong. Hopefully this is just a learning curve kind of thing.

This is my first chair.. so i'd love any feedback or tips
    Name:  GOPR0013 - Copy (2).JPG
Views: 735
Size:  641.8 KBName:  GOPR0017 (2).JPG
Views: 502
Size:  392.3 KB
    --------------------------------
    TiLite Aero Z since 10/2014
    I have Dysautonomia which results in the inability to stand or walk for more than a couple of minutes.

Looks like you could actually use a little lower RSH. Is it possible to make any changes to get lower? Seems as if you were measured wrong if not.... And I can tell you from personal experience the extreme difference it makes once you're finally low enough. In my current chair I physically couldn't get low enough, and then I tried out an Icon and finally could. I can't wait to receive my Icon. (which is becoming an epic saga, horrible horrible service from NuMotion and I didn't have a choice of the DME due to voc rehab)

What issues are you having with how you grab the handrims? It might be the type of handrim itself. For me I need natural fit LTs. The regular size is too large and hurts my hand, and using handrims without thumb rings hurts my thumbs at the base where they connect to my hand. But I also wear wrist splints that affect the way I grab the rim.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Ive got the height set on the lowest possible setting. so there is no way I know of to change it. Though someone else may know of some kind of hack to lower it further.
    But I agree. I sat in it with no cushion and bring that much lower felt better. So I may need to figure out something to keep most of my butt practically on the seat webbing but angled up to keep the knees higher.
    Otherwise im guessing I'd have to change from 25" to 24" tires. Which isn't in the budget right now.

The measurements must have been quite off as it was originally set about 2.5-3" higher than where it sits right now.

Handrim wise. I think the problem is my instinct is to fully grab that wrapping my fingers all the way around them. So then I often get them squished when one of the hand rim tabs comes up while I'm trying to initially grab the spinning wheel.
    --------------------------------
    TiLite Aero Z since 10/2014
    I have Dysautonomia which results in the inability to stand or walk for more than a couple of minutes.