Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Questions About Wheelchairs/Components in General, and Specifically for TiLite Aero Z

Welcome, and nice chair,
    Did you get to try an AeroZ or any other chair with those front and rear seat heights? Fortunately the AeroZ is one of the very few that you can adjust either of those heights because the caster fork is also adjustable so that it can be kept vertical.
    Did they offer Supracor Stimulite cushions? They are worth trying.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Chas, if he gets the reinforced frame, wouldn't you think the weight limit would go up, and he get the warranty for power use?
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Titanium isn't an option... i've been told there is no way my insurance would cover the cost, and its not in my budget to eat the 1200$ difference.
    I have never even sat in a wheelchair other than the ones in an ER (those im in often sadly, because of standing and blacking out in public places).. so no i have never tried those measurements or heights or whatnot.

My ATP said that the Reinforced Frame means all the tubes are thicker than they otherwise would be and its also covered in case we do end up adding a SmartDrive later

I know its troublesome to be at the top end of the weight range... but it appears to be not much we can do about it without going with titanium.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Chas, if he gets the reinforced frame, wouldn't you think the weight limit would go up, and he get the warranty for power use?
    I edited my post while you were typing. Reinforced frame option appears to not increase the weight limit. Only the ZRA's Heavy Duty option does.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by k4olin View Post
    Titanium isn't an option... i've been told there is no way my insurance would cover the cost, and its not in my budget to eat the 1200$ difference.
    I have never even sat in a wheelchair other than the ones in an ER (those im in often sadly, because of standing and blacking out in public places).. so no i have never tried those measurements or heights or whatnot.

My ATP said that the Reinforced Frame means all the tubes are thicker than they otherwise would be and its also covered in case we do end up adding a SmartDrive later

I know its troublesome to be at the top end of the weight range... but it appears to be not much we can do about it without going with titanium.
    Yet titanium is medically necessary because of the weight limit. Insurance rarely pays for titanium - unless medically necessary. Stand by it, titanium's weight limit is required for you (tred carefully, BCBS may suggest a different brand of aluminum chair. Do your homework before asking to make sure you know.)

Heavy Duty Frame (Z2HDR1) and Reinforced Frame (Z2RFR1) are separate options on the ZRA order form.

Exceeding the weight limit will void the frame warranty. If it breaks, you may be without a chair - tell BCBS that. (Again, tred carefully - BCBS may insist on some cheap bariatric chair (K0007)

Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 192
Size:  48.4 KB
    Last edited by chasmengr; 08-28-2014 at 08:57 PM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Welcome K4olin, I have Dysautonomia as well.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Wow! you are lucky to have Chas on your side sleuthing this out. He just justified titanium, and since this is your first chair, you will need one that can be what we call dialed in. The deminsions you gave are probably not the ones you will be happy with, but with a fully adjustable chair...(ICON is another, don't know about weight limit,) your chair can be made to fit.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    Wow! you are lucky to have Chas on your side sleuthing this out. He just justified titanium. . .
    Be very careful!! I may have either justified titanium or made TiLite a non option. I don't know enough to be sure . . .

First BCBS needs to agree a K0005 is indicated, then they need to rule out other maufacturers who may make a HeavyDuty K0005. I've just been brainstorming - not stating facts.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Icon = 265#

Name:  ICON Specs.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  22.1 KB
    Chas
    TiLite TR3

<
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Over time there have been questions about what the differences are between frames: Power Adaptable, Reinforced and Heavy Duty. I just made a post to see if TiLite can give more information in relation to this post and the questions that I and others have had (to the best of my recollection). See the Manufacturer & Vendor Forum > TiLite Wheelchairs > Frame differences: Power Adaptable, Reinforced and Heavy Duty

Quote Originally Posted by k4olin View Post
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).