Thread: Spinal Cord Injury Treatment

Spinal Cord Injury Treatment

Excuse me as I am new to this site. I recently had back surgery L-4 I was prescribed lyrica and have a few questions about it. I have been on it since July 11th and have been experiencing increased nerve pain(which happens close to the time I would take another dose), mood swings, and soreness in my muscles. I have drop foot, arthritis, and spinal stenosis. I am on norco and a muscle relaxant as well. My question is should I remain on lyrica or try a different medication? I do want to remain on a drug like it because it does help my pain, I am just experiencing new symptoms / issues now that I have been on it for a couple weeks.

Did you have surgery that included the spinal cord or only the spinal bones such as stabilization? If your cord was involved you need to see your surgeon about changing pain or other sensation at your nerve level or below.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.