Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Working 2 Walk Experience Can Be Yours!

Quote Originally Posted by lunasicc42 View Post
    I haven't read any published material either ...I read it in GRAMMYs blog

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy...nt-as-walking/

We need to know more about this ....
    That's why Dr. Reggie Edgerton has been invited to present his labs work at the Working 2 Walk 2014 Symposium in Seattle and visit with the SCI community there to answer their questions.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-14-2014 at 09:45 PM.

Moi? Evil? How about an evening event with all presenters swallowing zebrafish?

BTW, Seattle=rain=cold=sweatshirts.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Expect disappontments.

Paolo
    Which part is the disappointment to you Paolo?

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Which part is the disappointment to you Paolo?
    Will see what info will be presented. I just think that in general is a good idea to "expect the worst but hope for the best".

As you know from the info available I don't expect any relevant recovery from UCB+Li+Rehab, same with epidural stimulation.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

I moved off topic posts to Members Only.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Will see what info will be presented. I just think that in general is a good idea to "expect the worst but hope for the best".

As you know from the info available I don't expect any relevant recovery from UCB+Li+Rehab, same with epidural stimulation.

Paolo
    Is that the "groundbreaking trial" where the four guys could move their legs?

Hi everybody....

last year some people asked for streaming as for many of us, due to travel problems and costs, it was impossible to attend. Streaming seemed a great opportunity to have more people involved....probably last year was too late to organize something like that but what about this year??

Arcy

Hello Arcy,

No, streaming isn't an option for this large two day scientific symposium and all the various activities. The speakers frequently ask for all recording and communication devices to be shut down and that must be respected for protection of their slides, disclosures, research work, forward looking statements and personal collaborations that haven't been published yet or made public, so that's very understandable.
    (Working scientific conferences of this nature aren't broadcasted or televised because of this sensitive material). The scientific research video presentation portions of the conference will surely be made available as usual however from speakers that have signed waivers and will allow recordings of their published and perhaps a little of their unpublished data (after their review and chance to edit sensitive material for the internet.) It will all be posted at the U2FP video library as soon as possible after the conference. This years speakers are really fantastic! The conference may have a live blogger there, but we'll have to ask Kate about that!
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 08-14-2014 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    Is that the "groundbreaking trial" where the four guys could move their legs?
    Yes, now let's wait after W2W for further discussion if needed.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Travel grants are available for the Working 2 Walk 2014 Symposium in Seattle until the September 5th deadline. Submit your request at this LINK.