Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Encouraging video

Encouraging video

This youtube video on recent research sounds encouraging. What are your thoughts?

Made my day, thanks for sharing this. Anybody know who's conducting this research?

Great find IamBlessed!!!
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

Blog Entries
    This video has been around for 5 or 6 months...
    Don - Grad Student Emeritus
    T3 ASIA A 26 years post injury

Quote Originally Posted by Moe View Post
    Made my day, thanks for sharing this. Anybody know who's conducting this research?
    This is what I had blogged in April 2014 with the above video. I believe it was the Imperial College of London and University of Tubingen working with PCAF. There's an additional video at the link with Professor Simone Di Giovanni.

http://spinalcordresearchandadvocacy.wordpress.com/2014/04/05/regrowth-and-repair-to-the-cns-with-pcaf-is-University of Tubingen triggered-at-imperial-college-london/
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 09-22-2014 at 09:14 PM.

it's coming one way or another. a bit more encouragement thanks for sharing.

I don't get it I would gladly be a test subject for such a treatment like that gene therapy. I'll be the lab rat I literally don't care, even for a chance to recover some of my bodies function. Not have to ask for everything. Don't understand why we have to beat around the bush, awaiting all these papers and approvals etc etc. But what are they so afraid of, how much worse can actually happen, right.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcM View Post
    I don't get it I would gladly be a test subject for such a treatment like that gene therapy. I'll be the lab rat I literally don't care, even for a chance to recover some of my bodies function. Not have to ask for everything. Don't understand why we have to beat around the bush, awaiting all these papers and approvals etc etc. But what are they so afraid of, how much worse can actually happen, right.
    You can be left with severe neuropathic pain, you could lose sensation or motor function, your autonomic nervous system could go even more haywire, subjecting you to harsher bouts of dysreflexia, you could have complications from the surgery, and you could die.

Literally I'll take it, death is death, the pain is pain, I've taken my fair share especially since this cyst started acting up. Dyslexia same thing they had to inject a certain area of mine I just Took it, no iv or nothing hurt like hell . If I was normal, yeah it would hurt but probably not as bad. But because of my injury, the autonomic dysreflexia was terrible, if it gets bad enough then I'll die stroke or whatever. I'm prepared for that, I have a DNR ready, so I'm not going to farther disable myself. but like I said pain is pain. I know what you're thinking you say that now, but honestly I would take it with little hesitation. What's really agonizing for me is sitting around and waiting for people's help, and watching people do what I want to do, that I can't bare. I'm just saying I would take the chance, gladly be a lab rat for human trials.

James, that is exactly one of the reasons why it is not available because people think that they will do anything or try anything that is not yet proven and when they do it and it is not what they were hoping, or their condition is worsened, then there are lawsuits and bad media which both slow the progress. Then that person is left out from further treatment because of what they have done.
    Me, anything new that is available and is a treatment, I will wait a year or more to ensure. And yes I know that there are some that have worse injuries than mine, but I am in the same boat and would do anything to get better. But not until it is proven and time has ensured no adverse issues after some time.