Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Extreme Pain and High BP

Mem, you might ask your doc about the Voltaren in some form or Indocine (sp). Neither is addictive and my husband has been prescribed both at different times to help with bone pain from anklosing spondylitis a form of arthritis that robs bones of calcium. Both have side effects to be aware of especially if using Indocine for any length of time. Once he is back in remission those get tossed fast. Would one of the bone restoring injectables work for you? I think you have a few more options this time around and can hopefully get the bone pain under control without reenacting the Inferno.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    Mem, you might ask your doc about the Voltaren in some form or Indocine (sp). Neither is addictive and my husband has been prescribed both at different times to help with bone pain from anklosing spondylitis a form of arthritis that robs bones of calcium. Both have side effects to be aware of especially if using Indocine for any length of time. Once he is back in remission those get tossed fast. Would one of the bone restoring injectables work for you? I think you have a few more options this time around and can hopefully get the bone pain under control without reenacting the Inferno.
    Sue. I'll ask about those. I have more questions than answers about all of this.

My bones and teeth have been too soft from the start of life. Breaks happened too easily in bones and my teeth broke far too regularly. My baby teeth were capped before kindergarten so I would have usable teeth. As my adult teeth came in, there was some improvement, but not much. My bones have run a similar course.

A life with CP means the bones were pulled too much, too long. Replacing failing bones with metal was discussed, but what is the point? Wherever I have had hardware or fractures, there is more deterioration.

No more short distance lurching for me. Wheels or nada. I'm okay with that. Just rid me of this pain.

I pray the inferno remains in the past. I am doing all I can each 24 hours to stay in recovery. I can do this day. I'll deal with tomorrow when it is today.

Thanks for your input and support, Sue. My best to you, Ms. M and Jay. Many **hugs** for the humans and a head scratch for the furry baby.

I've never used Indocine but like I said I highly recommend asking about voltaren gel. And especially if you have a compounding pharmacy nearby, about getting the deeper penetrating nsaid topicals. Thats the one negative with voltaren gel is that it doesn't penetrate too deeply and on some larger areas the effect is noticeably less. Its still worth it though, especially when in useage with oral nsaids. I'm unable to use oral nsaids and voltaren gel allows me to use something right where I'm hurting and not have the stomach effects of orals. Used in combination can be much more effective, with the systemic effect of the ibuprofen and then added assistance of the topical right where you're hurting.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I am adjusting up, getting more help where needed. I gave myself a few days to mourn my body's betrayal. Pity party ends in fifteen.

When life blows, plan a trip. There are doc appointments I need to keep and then, I'll fly to see my bestie.

This ain't nothin' but a setback, right?

Onward.

Indocin (indomethacin) is a powerful anti-inflammatory drug, often used for rheumatoid arthritis, and sometimes for HO in people with SCI.

Indochine is French for Indochina, and is the name of a movie from 1992 staring Catherine Deneuve....

(KLD)
    Last edited by SCI-Nurse; 08-04-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Indocin (indomethacin) is a powerful anti-inflammatory drug, often used for rheumatoid arthritis, and sometimes for HO in people with SCI.

Indocine is French for Indochina, and is the name of a movie from 1992 staring Catherine Deneuve....

(KLD)
    I needed this, KLD. Many thanks! LOL