Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: sliding patio door

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Pendleton View Post
    We didn't get the in glass blinds on the sliders we put in our old place just the windows. So glad we didn't. The windows came with way too many strings and it was difficult for me to tie them up. Since the idea was to be able to open the windows out I was really disappointed. Have you tried to test drive the blinds as they will come at a store? If those don't work I know Hunter Douglas makes inside pleated blinds with remote controls. If this has changed I'll be thrilled because I can see needing a slider replacement here in a year or two and want to stick with Pealla but want easy to use and clean blinds and the lowered entry again.

do you have a vinyl slider now if so hows it holding up as far as running over threshold in chair
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    Have a vinyl sliding door and like I said before, use nosing ramps on both sides, Was fine for 6 years until one of my aids stepped on the inside of the threshold and cracked it. Fixed it with some shelving material. Just last month after 9 years, my power wheelchair managed to crack the outside edge and we are going to anchor a foot of angle iron to the concrete slab next to it then epoxy the crack. Use large powerchairs and I say it held up well.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Quote Originally Posted by forestranger52 View Post
    Have a vinyl sliding door and like I said before, use nosing ramps on both sides, Was fine for 6 years until one of my aids stepped on the inside of the threshold and cracked it. Fixed it with some shelving material. Just last month after 9 years, my power wheelchair managed to crack the outside edge and we are going to anchor a foot of angle iron to the concrete slab next to it then epoxy the crack. Use large powerchairs and I say it held up well.

thanks im leanin towards a slider
    to alcohol the cause of-and solution to-all of lifes problems [homer simpson]