Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Support the Spinal Cord Regeneration Petition

Quote Originally Posted by Skipow View Post
    By all means, please share this on all networks you can think of. This can only be done by collaborative work and everyone spreading and sharing the petition.

We're using the media:
    Facebook page: "Spinal Cord Regeneration Initiation Petition"
    Twitter: @spinalregen

Also, the hashtag #spinalregen to track our social impact.

As for international people I read the "Terms of Participation" on the White House website, which does not state anything about a requirement of being a US citizen to sign. You are able to submit a petition with no zip code so I think it's fair game for Canadan's, Spanish, Italian, Chinese, and whoever to sign. You just need to be over 13, have a working email address and a name.

if you want to be more involved or have any great ideas for how to spread the petition, post here Or email spinalregen@gmail.com.

Thanks!
    You should contact orgs like the Reeve Foundation and ask them to support/share on social media the petition.

Probably the Reeve Foundation will not do that, but if you try there is nothing to loose I think. Then if they don't support it I would ask them why?
    Probably it should have been planned in advance with the support of a big SCI org to start from..

Paolo

P.S. I signed, just didn't put the zip code
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

We're on connecting with other groups, but the more people that contact these organizations the better, especially Christopher & Dana Reeves Foundation and United Spinal Association. We saw a jump when U2FP started sharing, so it definitly helps. The thing that will help the most is to share the link, then get others to share and so on. If one person can get two people to share and those people get four to share and so on, by the 16th degree we will be well over 100,000!

So share: http://wh.gov/leJXF

Peter Wilderrotter from the C&DRF would likely be happy to get the link out. He was with a small group when Obama signed the C&DR Paralysis act in 2009. http://www.christopherreeve.org/site...FiG&ct=6866203 . The reality that was pointed out to our President after the signing was the bill was not a funding authorization and people would watch for him, the House and the Senate to follow through. There were fewer than ten people with him in the room. Obama got public credit for his signing like Bill Clinton did when he signed a bill supporting stem cell research. We have yet to get any funding traction. Senator Harkin has been in on these bills for decades. I want one that actually has money authorized and in the budget but with the current gridlock remain a skeptic in the near term. Read the link above for names you might want to email about some follow through.Ask Erick Legrand to add his voice.

Yes, we have been trying to get the larger organizations to act, but the more people that engage them the larger the voice they will see and feel they should jump onboard, hopefully.

I wrote a blog post about "The Power of Sharing".
    http://mission2adventure.blogspot.co...f-sharing.html

Share it! I'm also working on flyers that people can print and spread around their communities. This should diversify the audience and get the word to other circles.

any other ideas?!

How do you contact these organizations, just go to their website and email them? I got quite a few people to share this on Facebook as well as a few signatures. Also put it on aparalyzed didn't get a lot of recognition like it did on here

Nice! Thanks James, keep up the good work. I've been doing a lot of general email pages off the websites like info@..., or contact@.... . I also have a few personal contacts with some organizations. Those seem to have helped the most.

Here's a link to the lastest blog post! We went over 1,000 signatures Saturday night!

http://mission2adventure.blogspot.co...inal-cord.html

There's a poster and generic email to share with your friends in this link to share around your town, work, internet (Facebook!), wherever. Feel free to copy, print, and share it!

Also, the QR Code is in this post if you want to copy it and make your own poster! If it's appropriate I'll help share it!

here's the email:

PLEASE SIGN & SHARE THIS PETITION:

Tell the US President and Congress to support a "SPINAL CORD REGENERATION INITIATIVE PROJECT". It's easy, all you have to do is click this link: http://wh.gov/leJXF, type your name and email address, then verify your email, it takes about one minute. This project will help over 5.5 million US citizens who live with spinal diseases such as Spinal Cord Injuries, MS, ALS, and many other life altering spinal diseases. This petition promotes medical research for functional outcomes and enhancing access to physical therapy and fitness for people living with Spinal Disorders. 100,000 signatures are needed by August 27th, 2014 for an official response from the White House, so please share now and SPREAD THE WORD!

Check it out on:
    Facebook: Spinal Regeneration Initiative Petition
    Twitter: @spinalregen
    spinalregen@gmail.com

Thank You!

Thanks, Again!

I can't believe how slow is this going. If you only have a look like on Facebook and see someone like a dumb famous like Kim Kardashian to get a million likes for a stupid picture of here big ass, or some stupid song on YouTube having 50 millions views... This is ridiculous how we can't even get 100.000 signatures for something so important. People just don't care about others... But we can still try and share this more! Come on people...

Yep, I'm trying to get the word out there! If you know Kim Kardasian, get her to post a link to the petition on her shirt!
    Last edited by Skipow; 08-10-2014 at 12:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvio GS View Post
    I can't believe how slow is this going. If you only have a look like on Facebook and see someone like a dumb famous like Kim Kardashian to get a million likes for a stupid picture of here big ass, or some stupid song on YouTube having 50 millions views... This is ridiculous how we can't even get 100.000 signatures for something so important. People just don't care about others... But we can still try and share this more! Come on people...

Great idea. Someone should make a link and fake youtube video with something dumb like that so people can get directed towards signing this petition