Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Awwww, she cried

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder

Awwww, she cried

I love that people feel the need to 'cure' me. I got this in the mail a few years ago, and had forgotten about it until I found it while organizing a drawer. What a gem, huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

As the bank robber said to "Dirty Harry" Callahan: "I gots to know"

What was the product?

It was some sort of magnet thing, but I have to admit I didn't watch the CD. For some reason (!) I think this woman is an idiot, and therefore not interested at all in her "products".

Certainly can't spell...

(KLD)

I can't tell, is your OP sarcastic or genuine? If its genuine, I honestly would have been pissed off by what she said! But I'm thinking it was sarcastic?
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

No, this was serious. She was someone I barely knew, she was a friend of a friend that I was probably in the company of for a total of an hour over several years. I was not pleased to receive this, nor did I listen to her cd or make any further contact with her. Ever.

I know SHE was serious, I meant if your post was serious or sarcastic. Since you say you were not pleased to receive it and did not listen or make further contact with her I see you were being sarcastic. I can have a hard time telling when someone is being so or not, I take things too literally (aspergers). Yea I would definitely not be pleased either! The most offensive is probably the part about your husband being committed with all the challenges. What a nice thing to say about someone....
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

I just had that happen today. We went to lunch with my aunt and uncle and were having a perfectly wonderful and lovely time. Towards the end my aunt started saying "we just admire you SO MUCH" thing, a close cousin to "you are so inspiring". I know it was said with the best of intentions, but jeeze, you sure wouldn't say that to, let's see (insert other minority group). You wouldn't say "I admire you so much" to a mixed race couple, for example. Or a gay couple. Or a couple with one obese partner. When people say these things it makes me feel all icky inside.

Ugh yea. My boyfriend is obese, I couldn't imagine someone commenting to me about how great I was for sticking with him or similar shit. His weight has nothing to do with why we are together, and would have nothing to do with us not being together. Same with my being disabled.

One time my ex roommate (and still good friend) and I were leaving the county courthouse and heading back to my car. It was before I was in a wheelchair and so was walking with my bracing and forearm crutch. I didn't hear it but my roommate did and was immediately pissed off and told me about it, we passed these two ladies and one of them had said "what is HE doing with that crippled girl" He actually was in love with me at the time which probably made it anger him even more (we assume they thought we were a couple). I only felt for him as a friend though.

So much progress has been made in the area of accepting 'difference' but disability is going to be a tough sell.