Thread: Standing frames.

Standing frames.

What are the benefits of a standing frame?Do they help with muscle strength in the legs and core strength?Just started using one and I know it helps with B and B etc.Plus,are there any good exercises I can do in it?The PT said it helps with "everything ",but I was interested in specifically what exactly!Thank you!

Helps my husband with blood pressure, bowels, spasticity, muscle strength, digestion, and over all well being. Feels good to get out of his chair and stand. Mentally does him wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by MSWIFE1 View Post
    Helps my husband with blood pressure, bowels, spasticity, muscle strength, digestion, and over all well being. Feels good to get out of his chair and stand. Mentally does him wonders.
    all of this and most importantly, bone density

I wish I could do a standing frame. My bone density isn't good enough although I am getting shots to improve it. Hopefully next year I can start doing it. Make sure you get a bone density test if it's been forever since he stood up. It would suck if you stood up and your legs broke
    C-5/6, 7-9-2000
    Scottsdale, AZ

Make the best out of today because yesterday is gone and tomorrow may never come. Nobody knows that better than those of us that have almost died from spinal cord injury.

Quote Originally Posted by PC720 View Post
    all of this and most importantly, bone density
    Ah yes! How did I forget bone density. Thank you!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rybread View Post
    I wish I could do a standing frame. My bone density isn't good enough although I am getting shots to improve it. Hopefully next year I can start doing it. Make sure you get a bone density test if it's been forever since he stood up. It would suck if you stood up and your legs broke
    best of luck to you brother. i need it myself.

Actually, there is no evidence that passive standing in a standing frame prevents osteoporosis or treats it in people with paralysis, in spite of the claims for this from the manufacturers of standing frames. There are other benefits, but if you are using one just for osteoporosis prevention or treatment, you are going to be disappointed.

(KLD)

and feels great. been standing since rehab 27 yrs ago. I cant imagine being in a chair and not standing. I agree with all benefits above.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I look at it as an easy solution to foot issues, no dropfoot here using one for just a minute or two every day. Angle the footplates uphill for a good stretch. And it helps getting your jeans on right when you are standing also, lol. Very helpful for changing lightbulbs, etc also.