Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stacked Washer/Dryer Accessible?

Quote Originally Posted by pararich View Post
    Does anyone here use a one unit stacked washer and dryer like a G.E.
    Spacemaker?
    It looks like the dryer is a little high to reach conveniently.

The Ge stackable is too high for me. Of course my short stature doesn't help any. I decided to make my own "stackable" setup. It is by far the easiest setup I have ever used (almost 30 years). The washer and dryer are mounted together in the back, so there is no chance that the dryer will fall off or topple on top of anyone. There is also a non-skid material directly under the dryer. The lint trap is located on the door, so that is no problem either. I asked a carpenter to inspect it and it was also inspected by the town fire marshal. I have a very limited amount of space in my apartment, so I had to find a way to "fit" something into one of my closets. Anyhow this is what I came up with. I absolutely love it. The dryer is at the perfect height for me and its controls are all on the bottom of the unit. I had to "mix and match" the brands but I don't think that takes away from the looks of it at all.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

That is really clever!
    As they say, that's thinking outside the box!
    Rich

SW Colorado---chair user from nerve disorder
    I have a stackable but the controls are at the top. I can stand for a few moments, but at some point that won't be possible anymore. I have some room so in the future might get front loaders.

Western Australia - Hammer wielding daemon
    There are front loader washer dryer combos that save lots of space. Can raise above feet for ease of use.

LG Meile Bosch Samsung noted. As its used in wet area make sure has suitable IP rating.
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ingress_protection
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Combo_washer_dryer
    Last edited by zagam; 02-21-2015 at 05:18 AM. Reason: Added wikipedia URLs for IP and combo

Quote Originally Posted by Sugarcube View Post
    The Ge stackable is too high for me. Of course my short stature doesn't help any. I decided to make my own "stackable" setup. It is by far the easiest setup I have ever used (almost 30 years). The washer and dryer are mounted together in the back, so there is no chance that the dryer will fall off or topple on top of anyone. There is also a non-skid material directly under the dryer. The lint trap is located on the door, so that is no problem either. I asked a carpenter to inspect it and it was also inspected by the town fire marshal. I have a very limited amount of space in my apartment, so I had to find a way to "fit" something into one of my closets. Anyhow this is what I came up with. I absolutely love it. The dryer is at the perfect height for me and its controls are all on the bottom of the unit. I had to "mix and match" the brands but I don't think that takes away from the looks of it at all.
    Terrific solution, best I've seen!