Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My shooting rig

My shooting rig

I've had a lot of questions recently on how I hunt and shoot independently. Here's a video showing me getting out of the van, putting on my gun rest, and mounting the gun in the gun rest, all in under 3 minutes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvbZfW-POjk
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Sweet set-up!

very nice! do you leave the socket the post slides into on the chair full time? or is it removable?

That's great! Very nice set up.
    DFW TEXAS- T-10 since March 20th, 1994

Quote Originally Posted by micah_d View Post
    very nice! do you leave the socket the post slides into on the chair full time? or is it removable?
    I leave it on full-time unless I'm traveling where I won't be hunting. It is completely out of the way for transfers.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Impressive independence and great setup...

great stuff Robin
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

How many degrees can the barrel traverse before you have to reposition your chair Robin?

I can shoot a full 90 degrees right-handed, and almost 180 degrees without turning the chair switching hands. Obviously once I swing past mid-point straight ahead, I have to switch and shoot left-handed, which I've done many times. I doubled up shooting left-handed on two gobblers in SC with a shotgun 4 years ago, and several deer over the years including one buck at 312 yards.

For some reason, mostly because of the weight, it's harder to position my 11-12 lb crossbow a full 180.

That's a great field of fire, when you switch shoulders do you still use your right hand to operate the trigger?