Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My New Oracing SL

a little brain-storming today... have always fancied the idea of suspension but want to keep it simple.
    Name:  BOX-suspNEW.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  100.1 KB
    Rigid wheelchair fans please critique.

sorry to crash your thread Toto. You inspired me.

Quote Originally Posted by tooley View Post
    a little brain-storming today... have always fancied the idea of suspension but want to keep it simple.
    Name:  BOX-suspNEW.jpg
Views: 1067
Size:  100.1 KB
    Rigid wheelchair fans please critique.

sorry to crash your thread Toto. You inspired me.
    I`m not a fan of suspension wheelchairs for daily use, I`ve got enough with the cf strips flex, but if you like suspension, go on.

So if you want to keep it simple, it dosen`t look like , the suspension rocker tubes are too long imo, and as you will have some clearence there because they aren`t welded as more long they are will traduce in more clearence in your rear axle tube, so do them as short as possible.

And in the front something like this could get your idea a bit more simple

Sorry for this shit of draw, but I was in hurry.

Name:  Sin título.jpg
Views: 375
Size:  45.3 KB

Toto, with respect, you ARE a fan of suspension chairs for daily use, you just prefer to do it with carbon fiber strips that you cut up instead of a shock absorber that can be adjusted for ride preference.

Yeah, using the flex in those CFRP seat base strips as suspension is better described as exploiting an under engineered cushion support. Using a low modulus resin and fiberglass reinforcing fibers would be a much better choice for a seat base that was intended to flex.

For the trailing arm suspension setup in the drawings above, using a single dampener in the center is going to place a lot of twisting loads on the welds between the trailing arms and camber tube as well as the joints where the front of the trailing arms mount to the frame. If you want to run a single dampener, use heim joints on both ends of the trailing arms to allow articulation without stressing those connections. Side loading a setup like that (such as wheeling on a hillside) could place significant force on the trailing arm system. In automobiles a panhard bar is used to keep the axle centered against those forces.

As to trailing arm length; the longer they are, the less distortion will be observed in wheelbase and camber angles during suspension travel. That's not simply the length of the tube, it's the distance from the front mount of the trailing arm to the camber tube. In reality, rather miniscule distortions would be observed in a setup with such short suspension travel.

Hi guys,

Lately I do not come here much since the change was made in the forum and I don`t know why I didn`t get notifications emails from the threads I`m subcribed,
    well was just to let you know that the SL finally is not going to be made because I have had many electric problems with my Firefly, so I want to move in a future to an Oracing motorbike and the desing of the SL is incompatible with the attached sistem of the electric handbike, because hasn`t have underseat crossbar, so I decide jut go with a normal box frame.
    Anyway the more time passes, the less wheelchairs I care, now I`m more interested in handbikes Name:  CB-XTR-1424-ANTONIO_MORCILLO-LATERAL (1).jpg
Views: 537
Size:  130.2 KBName:  CB-XTR-1424-ANTONIO_MORCILLO-FRONTAL.jpg
Views: 274
Size:  97.8 KBName:  CB-XTR-1424-ANTONIO_MORCILLO-3.jpg
Views: 343
Size:  90.7 KB