View Poll Results: Should this product be marketed?

Voters
3. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 33.33%
  • Needs more work

2 66.67%
  • No

0 0%
  • Not sure what this thing is.

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New type of accessible exercise pulley

New type of accessible exercise pulley

After I had a C-4 C-5 Spinal Cord Injury, my grandma would take me to the gym and setup the machines for me. The stronger I got, the harder it was on her. To make my rehabilitation easier on her and more accessible for myself, I invented the Hydro Weight, an exercise pulley system ideal for people with limited range of motion. I found it to be very effective. I would appreciate feedback to determine if the system should be further developed and marketed.

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.
    The website: www.hydro-weight.com
    youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8zqdwMm7NI8
    will@hydro-weight.com
    Attached Images Attached Images  

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    C5/6 Quad. Have been looking at pulley systems for a few years and yours is a good idea. I would like a pulley that also has a line coming out down low for curls, chest and back exercises. You could also probably use a bar that you could put both hands on to do pull downs. Also good for shoulders.

Good luck, it would be great to be able to adjust the weight by ourselves.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Thank you so much for your comments! Think I've figured out how to change the load angle. I'll do some testing and get back to you.

Thank you!

forestranger52, I think this change may address your suggestion.
    Name:  hydroweightcurrel.jpg
Views: 438
Size:  32.3 KB

It looks like a good idea but I agree that if you could incorporate more angles and more exercises into it then it would be more desirable. I see from the video that the buttons to activate it are low so the user can activate it with their foot. Can a remote control either wired or wireless be used instead? Some type of graspless design for quads with no hand function. My other suggestion I have is the smaller the better, some people won't have the space required to use it so if you could compact it somehow I think you could hit a larger market.

I use a home made theraband setup that I can use independently and works great for me but for those who can't figure it out I think your on the right track.
    ^^(A)^^

I think any and all improvement add ons can be incorporated later. As it is now (last modification incl) I believe some should be sent out for field testing. This will take considerable investment, but actual field testing in some select locations is the only way to know if it can sell, or even has a realistic demand. Just one opinion of many.

We've added a motorized adjustable rail pulley. Any thoughts?
    Attachment 56868
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Using just the Android for application puts the Apple users out of the market.

A chest pad to brace you upper body against while doing rows/pulling exercises would make it much more useful IMO.
    T4 Complete since 01/01/2012