Thread: help read my mri of left foot and labs

help read my mri of left foot and labs

Hello,
    I am new to this so I hope I am doing this right! Anyway, I have had pain in my left foot for almost 17 months. I have been diagnosed with Plantar Fasciitis. GRRR. That is frustrating to me because I feel like there is something else going on. I am not one that enjoys dr. visits so I really would like it figured out. I have tried every possible thing to get rid of Plantar Fasciitis and it's not working. I did have annual blood work done about 6 months ago and requested the results. It did say I had High eosinophil And blood in urine. (dr never gave me those results) I did have hysterectomy and bladder sling surgery in 2012. My podiatrist also took an xray of my foot and said it looked like an 80 year old bone (i'm 27). My mri states this (bare with me)... Left ankle without contrast
    -Peroneal Tendons-No subluxation. Pereneus Quartes muscle and tendon posterior medial to the peroneal tendons along the distal fibula, with its distal insertion in the lateral calcaneus at the articular eminence. Questionable tiny partial tear in the peroneal brevis tendon as it passes posterior to the lateral malleolus. Minimal peroneal tenosynovitis.-Medial ligaments and soft tissue-Plantar Fascia small partial intrasubstance tear in the lateral cord origin of plantar fascia from posterior calcaneal tuberosity. Adjacent prominent soft tissue edema in belly of abductor digiti minimi muscle. -Bones prominent marrow edema in plantar posterior calcaneus adjacent to plantar region without fracture line. -Effusions small effusion in the posterior subtalor joint.
    What do you think?????
    Any help would be very appreciated.

You know that these forums are primarily for people with spinal cord injury and those who care for them, right?

I doubt if you are going to find anyone who can help you out with plantar fasciitis here, since that happens only in people who walk a lot. Suggest you get a second opinion from an orthopedist who specialized in food problems, not just a podiatrist.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by stephanieb View Post
    What do you think?????
    Google those terms, word by word, sentence by sentence. Piece them together. It'll start to make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    You know that these forums are primarily for people with spinal cord injury and those who care for them, right?

I doubt if you are going to find anyone who can help you out with plantar fasciitis here, since that happens only in people who walk a lot. Suggest you get a second opinion from an orthopedist who specialized in food problems, not just a podiatrist.

(KLD)
    Oh my I feel bad. I did not know it was for spinal cord only. I saw something with a similar question and thought it was the right place. Thank you for still taking the time to give me some advice.