Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting new tilite TR

Getting new tilite TR

hey guys, i'm not sure about seat depth. 17" + 0.5 extra" is too long? What do you think? I'm 6.2"
    front angle is 85 deg.
    thanks

Congrat's on getting a new chair. What is your upper leg length? That is more important than your height. Usually they say to measure from the most posterior portion of the buttocks to the posterior surface of the medial hamstring tendon at the back of knee. Subtract what you need for comfort, which is usually about 2".

Just for comparison, my husband who is about 6'1" with an upper leg length of 21.26" has a seat depth of 18" + 1".

I do hope you know what you are doing with measurements, or have someone who does, before getting fitted for a TR, because there is very little adjustment possibility. There are a lot of posts on the forum about measuring if you search around.
    Last edited by elarson; 07-10-2014 at 04:54 PM.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

Congrats Like E says, the TR has limited adjustability. Other Tilite chairs have more (full) adjustability.

Name:  Tilite Adjustability Terminology.JPG
Views: 381
Size:  53.8 KB
    Last edited by chasmengr; 07-11-2014 at 12:33 AM.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Ya, I'd go with at least 18 depth if I were you, if you have long legs, maybe even 19 inch depth. As far as width, I'm 6 foot 1 inch and a couple hundred pounds and like a 17 inch width, 18 inch is a just a tad too wide and with me loosing weight I'd like to get down to maybe a 16 inch width.
    "Life is about how you
    respond to not only the
    challenges you're dealt but
    the challenges you seek...If
    you have no goals, no
    mountains to climb, your
    soul dies".~Liz Fordred

Quote Originally Posted by feabud View Post
    I'm 6.2"
    Not Making fun of you...BUT...you just told us that you are just over 6 inches tall. I'm sure you mean 6' 2".

As far as your seat depth, unless you have freakishly short legs, you need a seat depth of at least 17", like others are suggesting. I am 5'10" and need 16" + 1" more frame. Most of the sites that sell chairs also have at least basic info on how to measure yourself. I have a TR3 which I ordered myself off Sportaid.
    Last edited by ala; 07-10-2014 at 08:33 PM.

im 6'2 200. just speced a tr. I normally run 17x16 seat with +1. I went +2 this time always 85 frt for me.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I was told by my physical therapist(who measured me and does seat mapping) and the DME said that going longer on the seat depth would support the thighs more and which would help take some pressure off the buttocks and help the legs from frogging out. I am 5'11" and they told me to go with a 19" depth. I would still have about 1.25" clearance to the back of my legs to the front of the seat. I noticed that none of you seem to go that long with the depths of your seats. Does anyone see any problems/drawbacks with going this long on the depth?
    Last edited by Mike_Stan; 07-11-2014 at 09:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Stan View Post
    I was told by my physical therapist(who measured me and does seat mapping) and the DME said that going longer on the seat depth would support the thighs more and which would help take some pressure off the buttocks and help the legs from frogging out. I am 5'11" and they told me to go with a 19" depth. I would still have about 1.25" clearance to the back of my legs to the front of the seat. I noticed that none of you seem to go that long with the depths of your seats. Does anyone see any problems/drawbacks with going this long on the depth?
    that's a lot of seat. I've never specd a 19 deep and I do a lot of chairs. if my seat was 19 I would never get my feet back like I like.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

I'm 6' 1" and 132 pounds. The PT who recently did my evaluation (and the DME) suggested that I go 15" X 19". I think that I have "normal" body proportions, that is, I don't think that I have longer legs than the rest of my body. I want to think that we settled on 15" X 18". The chair does fit reasonably well. I still have some gap between the chair edge and my legs.

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    im 6'2 200. just speced a tr. I normally run 17x16 seat with +1. I went +2 this time always 85 frt for me.
    I'll probably do this next time (+2). That way my legs don't bend back to fit on footrest.
    -ResonantEcho - T6/T7 Complete - October 31st, 1986