Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone tried Soylent?

Has anyone tried Soylent?

Source:
    Soylent? was developed from a need for a simpler food source. Creator Robert Rhinehart and team developed Soylent after recognizing the disproportionate amount of time and money they spent creating nutritionally complete meals.

Soylent is a food product (classified as a food, not a supplement, by the FDA) designed for use as a staple meal by all adults. Each serving of Soylent provides maximum nutrition with minimum effort.

For press inquiries, please email press@soylent.me.

For general questions about Soylent, please see our FAQ page or send an email to info@soylent.me.

Existing customers with questions about an order or subscription can email help@soylent.me. (Source)
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

"Soylent Green is people!!"

(I couldn't resist) ;-)

(KLD)

Yeah, getting that craving for brains lately? Scratching your head how you could have been to your own funeral yet are back at home? People seeming to run in terror lately?

A book by Harry Harrison entitled Make Room! Make Room! was the basis for the movie Soylent Green. The book was about an overpopulated earth in 1999 and Soylent (not green) was a protein mixture of Soy and Lentils.

I've seen several interviews with the inventor of Soylent. It is evidently a grayish, unflavored, slightly thick drink meant to take the place of food by providing all necessary nutrients. Sounds pretty grim to have to drink this instead of eating food.

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    "Soylent Green is people!!"

(I couldn't resist) ;-)

(KLD)
    I'm just glad someone said it. You spared me. It's been buggin' me.

Soylent 2.0 is bottled, ready to drink, and made from algae...

http://www.theverge.com/2015/8/3/908...al-replacement

For anyone interested in learning more about Soylent:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t8NCigh54jg
    "Give me peace of mind and trust, don't forget the rest of us..."

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Like brains, it's grr, argh very fatty. This kind of diet is harmful to many people, but not zombies.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soylent_(drink)

I've been trying 2.0 for a couple weeks as a breakfast/lunch replacement. The flavour is lacking, and doesn't do much to actualy make you feel 'full'. it's 400cals a bottle.

I've been talking to some of the army guys around and they told me to finish what I have, and try the costco brand (Kirkland) readymade shake instead. The reason behind that was no transfats, more protein, and cheaper.
    ---------
    C5-6 / '88

^^(A)^^