Thread: Plane seating question

Plane seating question

Can anyone give comparisons between first class seating, and bulkhead seats? I am considering upgrading to 1st-class for a cross-country flight, but only if it's truly worth the added expense. Currently we have been assigned coach bulkhead seats, which have extra legroom, which is a plus with my long legs. The 1st-class is able to lean back a few more inches, which I'm sure would be more comfortable. The other positive for 1st-class is only 2 seats together (more privacy). Just not sure if it's all worth several hundred $'s to upgrade.

You could do both, coach out, 1st back home. I remember getting upgraded on a return from a hectic on-the-go, but very fun, week long vacation; I cannot tell you how nice it was to sit up front in quiet, big seats, champagne, good movie viewing, way better food, just aaaahhhhhhhhhh.

The bulkhead seats I've seen did not recline at all, and you get that stupid flip-up tray that is like a transformer to fold.

If you can easily swing the cost, you would not regret going big.
    "a T10, who'd Rather be ridin'; than rollin'"

Depending on the age/ model of the plane, armrests in First Class and Bulkhead do not always have a flip up button. For my husband, this makes assisted transfers out of the aisle chair tricky because they have to make sure not to scrape his bottom on the armrest. In addition, you aren't allowed to store anything under the seat in the Bulkhead row. Most of the time, they put us in the row right behind bulkhead. Having a 2 seat row is great because you avoid explaining to the person by the window that you can't get up during the flight to let him or her out.

I prefer first class seats especially for a long flight like that. Better food, wider seats, more leg room etc...but as someone above mentioned the arm rests usually do not lift so if your ability to transfer is not good that can be an issue. I see you are flying from Philly and I have to say, the assistance folks in the PHL airport are of minimal assistance. I fly a lot and they are amongst the worst in any major airport.

Thank you all. I'll keep an eye on the upgrade prices to see if they continue to drop.