Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Potassium Channel Blockers to Restore Impulse Conduction in SCI ? Dr. Riyi Shi

Quote Originally Posted by mamadavid View Post
    Thanks for your input everyone, and Grammy, thanks for Dr Shi's contact information.
    If I'm not mistaken, the newer, better 4AP-3-MeOH is not yet in clinical use?
    That's right mamadavid...it's my understanding the 4AP-3-MeOH is not yet being tested on humans. Let us know if Dr. Shi should have anything additional in the works.

I found out something pretty interesting. There's a natural potassium channel blocker that's been scientifically studied for many years and found to be effective for neuroprotection. It's called tslatisamine or maybe talalisamine and comes from the root of a toxic Chinese herb called aconite carmichaeli debx (fu zi or chuan wu). I haven't been able to get ahold of Dr. Shi yet to get his thoughts about it. It is deadly if not processed well, but processed it results in hei shun pian, but will that affect its use as a PCB? Could just the talatisamine be used instead like 4-AP? Shi is Chinese so has he considered using it?

If anybody else is interested in this, will you help me to find out these answers? Thanks! -Jan

Here's a link to the relevant scientific articles found online: http://www.pubfacts.com/search/talatisamine

Jan

Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    Here's a link to the relevant scientific articles found online: http://www.pubfacts.com/search/talatisamine

Jan
    Just sent the link to my acupuncturist who is an herbalist too. Very interesting

Anyone knows, please - where and how to get 4-AP for Canadian's ?
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Miracles are not contrary to nature, but only contrary
    to what we know about nature
    Saint Augustine

Sorry I didn't get to your PM Comad - in the Canada forum, there's a long thread about my experience with Ampyra (what it's called in Canada). I have Transverse Myelitis, which is similar to MS, so I was allowed, plus my doctor signed off on it.

In that thread, there are results of trials where it talks about some benefiting some sci'd individuals. I took pages to my doc, highlighted what I wanted him to read and told him nothing else was available to help me and he took a chance on it.

If you have a good relationship with your family doc, I'd recommend trying this. The docs in Toronto were too scared to prescribe it for me. Good luck.

PS Also, there were many studies going on in Canada with 4ap ... Parkwood Hospital in London Ontario was one of them, but I don't know if any of those docs would prescribe off-label either?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Thank you Lynnifer !
    First of all - I hope you are feeling better after all elbows troubles ?!

I was extensively reading everything in your posts about Fampyra and other 4-ap forums and made my decision:
    I would like to try 4-ap or (F)ampyra and my doctor in Toronto @ Lyndhurst centre said she will prescribe Fampyra for me.
    However, I don't have good Insurance (just weak Manulife's "cover me" family plan) and $ 600 per month seems to be steep ...
    That's why I am shifting my focus to immediate release 4-ap where careful dosing / ramping would make this basic potassium channel blocker usable.
    I have contacted several Canadian pharmacies and they have some kind of unspoken agreement NOT to compound 4-ap but they would readily offered Fampyra for $ 675.
    I can see people in USA buying compounded 4-ap - 100 pils x 10 mg for $ 50 from different compound pharmacies but when I'd asked to ship that to Canada problems starts. No one want to ship to Canada as we are somewhere in Africa ...
    Ok I figure out - I have cousins in Ohio - please ship to Ohio - trouble again - canadian prescription not good for them !
    To be honest - I have no 4-ap prescription yet but - If my doctor said she would prescribe Fampyra, I am thinking - she would be open to this reasoning to prescribe 4-ap ...
    Well, I am working very hard in a gym (MacWheelers & MacMaster University where ironically they'd created sustained 4-ap release) and apparently I am so far not able to try channel blocker that might help me with my C6 incomplete SCI...
    If someone knows and can direct me what to do please let me know!!!
    THANK YOU!!!
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine

Hi,
    I got 4-AP-3-MeOH from UK compound pharmacy and after 4 weeks I can say only good things.
    More details on my Blog:

https://www.miracleofwalk.com
    or
    https://miracleofwalk.wordpress.com/...of-4ap-3-meoh/
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine

Comad, how exciting! This is news I've waited to hear. I don't get much help from 4-AP, but some at least and it sounds like Dr Shi's 4-AP drug would help me more. Can it be ordered and sent to US? Why's it taking so long to get a human clinical trial? Thanks....Jan PS Great looking website!

Thanks FellowHawkeye!
    If they can send it to Canada from UK I don't see reason why can not send it to USA.
    contact them thru website I have posted in my blog post.
    z
    www.MiracleofWalk.com

Saint Augustine