Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Foot swelling

Foot swelling

A friend posted this on CareCure's FB page, please advise.

So Robbies foot has been swelling for no reason. It happened last week, we thought he injured it but the next day it was back to normal. Now today it blew up again. Just one foot. Should I be worried? This is new to us.

Hello
    Any history of blood clots? any recent trauma to the foot? If he injured it it could be a sprain or a fracture if he has no feeling in foot he may not know
    A good idea to get to provider to get pulses in foot checked rule out blood clot and get an xray rule out fracture

pbr

Any change in color of foot?

Salt + not enough hydration + hot weather. OR constipation (left foot?)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Hello friends, thanks so much for the helpful info. No change in color, have ruled out injury, YES only left foot, could be constipation. Didn't know that was a sign...so helpful as usual!

Robbie has a vascular condition so clots and bleeds are always a concern. Will get this checked, thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    Hello
    Any history of blood clots? any recent trauma to the foot? If he injured it it could be a sprain or a fracture if he has no feeling in foot he may not know
    A good idea to get to provider to get pulses in foot checked rule out blood clot and get an xray rule out fracture

pbr

These days - it's either dairy or sugar (I'm in denial) in ice cream that is making my feet swell as well. I refuse to give up my Ben & Jerry's addiction. REFUSE. lol
    Last edited by lynnifer; 07-03-2014 at 10:30 AM.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Jen mine is now Kilwins ice cream it is absolutely the best. Lol not sure if they are up where you are but if they are try them. Its a chocolate shop.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

That Ben & Jerry is great! I can eat that until I blow up. My dog likes it as well.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

These days - it's either dairy or sugar (I'm in denial) in ice cream that is making my feet swell as well. I refuse to give up my Ben & Jerry's addiction. REFUSE. lol

Been wondering how you guys are! Sorry you are dealing with an oddity. We had something come up this morning too and I jumped on looking for info before the trip to the doctor.