Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Foot swelling

Blog Entries
    The older I get the more addictive ice cream becomes.

you know its funny about foot swelling...my feet were slightly swollen one time when I got together with my Yoga teacher. She said "I want you to soak your feet in cold water tonight." that was the WRONG Thing to do, for my condition. my feet were huge the next day. Lowering the temperature increases the actions potentials required to make the muscles fire, WRONG thing to do for a spinal cord condition where swelling is due to disuse. Now if you injure it that may be a different story.

IN fact for me in my case, during the day I've gone back to a tighter shoe. You know what? My feet are 30% less swollen 24/7 because of it! Praise be!

my right foot swells and my left does not. i had ultra sound too to rule out clots, and also xrays. i had an mri done as a result of pressure sore on the ankle so they looked for other things too, found only a slight tear in the tendon on the bottom of my foot. i wear stockings religiously now from here, http://www.discountsurgical.com/ it helps alot, plus i now sleep with this leg elevated at night.

I wore CEP athletic compression socks daily for 1 + year. From the time I got out of shower until the time I went to bed. Never wore them in bed. hose thinks pretty much eliminated any foot swelling. I actually was able to begin to perform exercise after that. They were a huge help. They were not cheap and had to be extremely good at being able to put them on as well as take them off. Here is where I got them www.compressionstockings.com .

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Salt + not enough hydration + hot weather. OR constipation (left foot?)
    I didn't know about left foot swelling and constipation thing either. Thanks Jen

My left foot has been sweiiing for 6 months now, off and mostly on. Was wondering about constipation with sleeping on left side. Or maybe fentenal (just increased from 12 to 25 mcg), or using artificial sweetner for its laxitative effect. Laying with foot raised for couple hours fixes it. Have pretty much quit the artificial sweetner. 10 years ago my left foot swelleded, my Dr. changed my high bloodpressure medicine (Lisinopril) and that fixed it. Been worring about it. And I've been eating lots of ice cream lately, also. (ha jeeze, not ice cream) What is it about left feet?
    tom

Welcome to The Flat Earth Society

If your past history indicates damage (tendon or bone fracture) to that leg or a previous history of blood clot in that leg.1st thing - rule out a blood clot, rule out a fracture, rule out cause of swelling with xray initially and MRI to discern cause of swelling; 2nd review medications - gabapentin, amlodipine also cause lower extremity swelling; 3rd look at positioning in wheelchair and seating

Really should get this checked out good luck and keep us updated

pbr

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post

These days - it's either dairy or sugar (I'm in denial) in ice cream that is making my feet swell as well. I refuse to give up my Ben & Jerry's addiction. REFUSE. lol
    I think i'm guilty of both salt n sugar cause both feet are swollen and i'm fine with em lol. Im sure they will deflate soon
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

I was fortunate enough to tolerate the heat this summer for the first time since my injury. So I was outside all the time and enjoying a tan once again. My feet got huge and I thought something was seriously wrong. Now after coming out of flip flop season and summer heat, I know it's just simply heat. How disappointing to have a great tan but have shiny combustible looking feet. Oh well, at least it was nothing major like I feared.