Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wtb 20x20 roho cover, hand pump, or trade roho for smaller one

Wtb 20x20 roho cover, hand pump, or trade roho for smaller one

Hey guys I'm looking for a 20x20 (11x11 cells) roho cover. A friend gave me a plain high profile roho her father in law didn't need anymore. It has no cover, they were using a pillowcase. My plan is to use it on my power chair. I've been wanting to remove the captains seat seat base, and replace it with a piece of plywood and quality cushion. The current seat is 18x18 though, so I thought I'd also throw it out there that if someone is needing a larger size roho I'd trade for a smaller one. Otherwise I'll just put down a 20x20 piece of plywood and then the roho. As I understand it the cushion cover is important to hold the cells from bulging out the sides. And especially since I'll be parking my tiny butt on the huge cushion (exact fit for me is 14x16) a proper cover is probably a good idea. I'm not at risk for pressure sores since I have full sensation, my issue is pain and bruising that limits time in the chair, especially when I start moving around trying to offload the painful areas and it fucking with my back.

So, if you've got an extra 20x20 roho cover laying around, or hand pump, let me know your price. Thanks!
    Last edited by ~Lin; 06-29-2014 at 09:24 PM.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

Hello ~Lin,

I use a 20" x 20" high profile Roho now. I have a couple of smaller ones and I'll check them and let you know for sure.

Have a great weekend.

Millard
    Millard
    ''Life's tough... it's even tougher if you're stupid!'' -- John Wayne

I just added, I'm also looking for a cheap little hand pump. It didn't come with one of those either. I've thrown it into a pillow case for now to try and mess around with it and see if I can get it adjusted for myself. But its so big it kinda rolls inside the case lol. I can see why they are so great for pressure shifts, before ever sitting on one I thought it would be way too unstable for me but now I kind of like the way you feel the air changing in it when you shift to one side. And the air moves slowly enough its not what I had pictured.

Thanks Millard, let me know! Smaller would definitely work better for me with the power chair. I'm also working on turning the backrest of the chair into something I can use for longer periods, but the seat change I think will affect that a huge amount from what I've experienced trying to find the right cushion for my manual. If you find one you want to trade let me know and I'll send you a bazillion pictures of the one I've got.

Originally I thought I'd just go ahead and pass the power chair back along when I got power assist but its been so useful I changed my mind. I use it to get around the yard with the dogs, when I start fostering again it will be better for taking dogs on walks than my manual where an untrained dog could take ME for the walk. And I think it will come in super handy after surgeries, I've been putting off a surgery on my right arm for years already. And maybe someday I can afford a used chair with rehab seating and recline and someone might appreciate the work I've done to this one.

My plan for the back was to pick up one of those cheap mesh chair/drivers seat back supports. You used to find them for a buck at Dollar Tree, but not anymore (locally at least) and I'm not spending 5-10 bucks for one when they were a buck lol. Then I was going to sew sheepskin to it, which would add padding plus also be great airflow. Then sew a little bag to stuff with extra air cells from my Vicair cushion that I use on my manual which would be my custom lumbar support and velcro into place. Wanted to do this last summer but got stuck when suddenly those mesh supports that were all over were gone. I'm really sad because I also love using them for laptop stands in bed. They provide a nice angle for reaching over to use the keyboard, and the mesh doesn't trap heat and it keeps them just high enough off the bed for airflow so your laptop doesn't heat up. I really should have stocked up before the disappeared, I've only got one now which I use in bed.
    Board Member of Assistance Dog Advocacy Project working in Education. Feel free to ask me any service dog questions!

I am not paralyzed. I have a genetic connective tissue disorder with neuro complications and a movement disorder.

bump. Still looking for 20x20 roho cushion cover, and a roho hand pump.

And also still open to trading my 20x20 for a smaller cushion. The current seat on my power chair is 18x18, and my manual is 15x16, so anything between those would work. Actually even something like 19x19 if you're looking for just a little bigger of a cushion. Even when I get cushion cover and set up my powerchair I'll still be interested in a trade, the plywood base can always be cut down. My long term goal is to turn the seating into rehab seating that fits me little by little. And of course since I don't yet have the cover for the roho we can figure out a price to even out the trade if yours has a cover.

I've got a pump for you

I have a roho pump that you can have, just send me your address & i'll ship it out. Although, fyi, you can just blow into the valve like a beach ball and viola, it's pumped! Perhaps you could sew yourself a cover that would fit tight enough to hold the cells in place, and you could make it open via zipper or buttons on 2 sides, so that it would be easy to slip on and off.

Thanks!!!!

Yea if I don't get a cover I'll eventually try sewing one. But I'd have to buy some fabric to do it, get something stretchy and black for the top, figure out what to use for the sides and bottom. And it would probably end up costing as much as a used cover from someone, so I'd prefer to find one for sale.

Here's a new 11x11 cover on eBay:
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/ROHO-Cushion...item27e7b26052

I thought you meant 11x11 inches there lol, but when I clicked on the link I see you meant the model 1111. I already have that auction in my watch list but thanks! Its more than I can afford right now but if its still around when I have the money or the seller goes down on the price I'll try. They already had it listed and it ended with no bids, this is the relisted auction. Its not the "exact" size of mine, the decimals don't match my cushion but I doubt that makes much of a difference. I was also watching a 20x23 cushion cover on ebay but the bidding went too high, I sew and was going to take the size in if I got it.

Model 1111 = 11 cells by 11 cells...

Mine says 1111c and 20.25x20.25. Since the cover would be slightly big instead of slightly small I figure it shouldn't matter.