Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: Minivan access

  1. #1

    Minivan access

    Who knows what years have the widest entry on which minivans through the drivers door???? I transfer in and take my chair apart and pull in. I just rented a 2015 Dodge caravan and it sucks to transfer into and dismantle chair. I don't care how old the minivan is, I just want to find out which one is the easiest with lowest seat to jump in and out of???

    Roller

  2. #2
    Suspended Andy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Chicago IL
    Posts
    9,722
    Have a look at the long wheelbase Ford Transit Connect. Lowest minivan seat I've encountered, and you don't have to bother taking the chair apart, just drag it whole though the side door on the driver's side. And it's big and roomy for a 6'3" guy and corresponding size chair

  3. #3
    What size is your chair and what level are you? i'm a t-10, have a rigid quickie and have had no problems pulling my chair in to a minivan and leaving it assembled. I have driven a Ford Aerostar and currently have a Kia Sedona and it fits fine.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Milford, Pa.
    Posts
    640
    I have a Toyota Sienna and pull my Tilite rigid right in too. I took the bucket seat out behind the drivers. The front seat is a six way power and lowers down pretty low. I transfer in with ease. I am only 5'6" tall. I then lean the seat back and grab my chair. Its pretty easy. Try one out. They have great electric side doors. The button is right next to the drivers seat too. Top hand rails by each door. Just a thought. I am a T-10 complete like hughes. Best to all.

  5. #5
    Thanks guys, I will look into all your suggestions

  6. #6
    I checked out a transit connect. Seat was much higher (at least 3 inches) and more difficult to transfer into in comparison to my mazda5.

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    I checked out a transit connect. Seat was much higher (at least 3 inches) and more difficult to transfer into in comparison to my mazda5.
    The connect wont work because of budget. I have a daily driver scion Tc which is so easy to jump in and out of with the super long doors. I'm looking for minivan for under $4000 to tote my handcycle and surfboards around and also for some camping. I love the old Toyota Previa but it lacks the driver side sliding door!
    Cheers,
    roller

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    The connect wont work because of budget. I have a daily driver scion Tc which is so easy to jump in and out of with the super long doors. I'm looking for minivan for under $4000 to tote my handcycle and surfboards around and also for some camping. I love the old Toyota Previa but it lacks the driver side sliding door!
    Cheers,
    roller
    I was actually NOT recommending the Connect, instead my plug was for the Mazda5. You should easily be able to find a higher mileage mazda5 for under $4k. Lowest seat height of any van you'll find. Pretty wide sliding door openings. Just a smaller cargo area than the full size minivans.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsquared View Post
    I was actually NOT recommending the Connect, instead my plug was for the Mazda5. You should easily be able to find a higher mileage mazda5 for under $4k. Lowest seat height of any van you'll find. Pretty wide sliding door openings. Just a smaller cargo area than the full size minivans.
    Yea sorry, the connect was Andy. The Mazda is to short as my surfboards are 9'!
    Thanks,
    roller

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by roller View Post
    The Mazda is to short as my surfboards are 9'!
    Gotcha. See if you can find a 99 through 04 Pontiac Montana (or Chevy Venture or Oldsmobile Silhouette). I found those seats to be quite a bit easier to transfer into than the newer honda's and toyota's. Can't speak to the dodge's, never bothered cause my mechanic father in law won't work on them.

Similar Threads

  1. want to buy- minivan
    By gothgirlltr2 in forum Equipment & Services
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2014, 06:35 PM
  2. Minivan info
    By johnnie2130 in forum Equipment
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 09-23-2012, 05:03 PM
  3. minivan or what
    By november in forum Equipment
    Replies: 58
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 08:22 PM
  4. IMS or VMI minivan?
    By kyle in forum Life
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 11-03-2003, 07:27 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •