Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: what is your favorite commercial antivirus software?

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise
    With XP I?ve been able to sleuth out the unwanted files and get on with it. But now my new computer has win 7 which is not so user friendly. It?s not friendly to this user anyway. The control panel programs are nearly non existent except by very diligent searching, and too many files and file paths are hidden by default.
    Off-topic, but this should help. Go to Folder Options from any folder or Control Panel. Go to View tab and change the settings so they look like the below. These are the settings you said you wanted.

Name:  folder-options.png
Views: 98
Size:  49.4 KB

I would suggest you keep the last one checked though. You can access most all files still. I have yet had a need to un-check it myself.

I don't know how you found the "Folder Options" in the Win 7 control panel. In fact the only way it seems to be available to me is by typing it in the search programs and files box. That said, thanks. This will help. It's a good step forward.
    Last edited by nonoise; 07-21-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

I use Avast free and have done for many many years with no issues at all.
    Norton and Mcafee are terrible they drain your Ram something bad and to be honest they are no better than a lot of free anti virus programs available.
    Avast also reminds you when programs like adobe reader and flash player have updates available.
    The other good thing about Avast is that it checks incoming and outgoing emails
    And lastly Avast the company are putting out 1 to 2 virus definitions per day which goes to show they are constantly battling the huge amount of viruses out there and keeping the end user up to date.

From memory here coz its midnight in NZ and im using my galaxy note, in windows 7 you have to have the menu bar enabled to do this you right click on the blank space above the web address ( sorry forgot to mention open windows explorer) and a menu will appear make sure you left click menu bar and it will appear, then I think you go to file and in that menu folder options is there.
    Hope I got that right was doing it from memory lol.

P.s I dont remember seeing folder options in control panel but I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by nonoise View Post
    I don't know how you found the "Folder Options" in the Win 7 control panel. In fact the only way it seems to be available to me is by typing it in the search programs and files box. That said, thanks. This will help. It's a good step forward.

Well that was a tad wrong sorry.
    you open "Computer" from desktop and on the tabs click "organise" then folder and search options.

Quote Originally Posted by pcamore View Post
    From memory here coz its midnight in NZ and im using my galaxy note, in windows 7 you have to have the menu bar enabled to do this you right click on the blank space above the web address ( sorry forgot to mention open windows explorer) and a menu will appear make sure you left click menu bar and it will appear, then I think you go to file and in that menu folder options is there.
    Hope I got that right was doing it from memory lol.

P.s I dont remember seeing folder options in control panel but I could be wrong.