Thread: The Slow Death of Embryonic Stem Cell Research

The Slow Death of Embryonic Stem Cell Research

....."Sometimes science proceeds to benefit the interests of science more so than society. In the future, we need to be careful that science serves society and not the other way around!"

http://www.regenexx.com/2014/06/orth...ll-research-2/

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

At $97.00 per bottle and $7.95 shipping for the regenexx vitamin and herb monthly supplement seems a bit expensive. In the future, we need to be careful about sales tactics used to support profits to benefit investors more than society needing to supplement their cells. It's a S-T-R-E-T-C-H.....

I posted this from a discussion I followed on Linkedin that gave me the impression there is a growing number of people that don't believe in the potential of embrionic stem cells anymore as embrionic stem cells didn't produce cures as people expected, so it is easy for companies like regenexx to be on the market.
    I think there might be something true in the article, but I believe the real issue is bad science. The growing number of papers retraction for faking data damage the progress of good science and those people need to be tossed in jail for abusing tax payer dollars.

I also agree with this comment about the article:

Bernard Siegel
    "Executive Director, Genetics Policy Institute (GPI); Founder & Chair, World Stem Cell Summit

Disagree with the inaccurate headline. We need all the tools in the toolkit to develop therapies. In the big scheme of biomedical research, all of the stem cell types are incredibly new and all have potential value. Not all will be used for cell therapies. Some cell types will lead to the discovery of the root causes of disease and serve as tools for drug discovery. Others will be utilized in cell therapies."

Paolo

I see. You're not peddling vitamin supplements and cells but instead seeking quotes from various articles around the internet to support your theories on bad science, fake papers, tax dollars, stem cells and what have you...(Nobody would have been able to second guess all that stuff from the original thread posted here in Cure).

It stretches the imagination to post correlations to article opinions about embryonic stem cell research when Regenexx themselves is on Quackwatch. Sorry, it's just too much to follow your hand picked quips from this junk and then you mingle in other article quotes out of context to make some kind of personal point.... It's a bizarre waste of brain juice and time to sort through Regenexx opinions when it's quite obvious why they didn't like ESC in the first place.

http://www.quackwatch.org/02ConsumerProtection/FDAActions/regenexx/overview.html
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 06-23-2014 at 04:13 PM.

Grammy,

I understand I should have made an introduction to explain what I wanted to point out and make a better quote.
    It would have been all more clear if I could link the discussion on Linkedin it comes from, but people need to be part of group to read it.

Here is the link if people are interested they may ask to join the group:

https://www.linkedin.com/groupItem?v...0jWtWR05gYWSg1

My main point (in my intention) was to point out that there seem to be a growing disappointment around embrionic stem cell research (which I fully support). That may affect funding going in that dierction.

Then it is a fact that the number of paper retracted are increasing, you may have followed the recent story of STAP cells
    http://blogs.nature.com/news/2014/06...collapses.html

or here is another story about an AIDS faked paper
    http://www.desmoinesregister.com/sto...cted/10881781/

News like this in my opinion don't help to drive more money to medical research.

I just point out facts that I consider interesting for people involved in advocacy efforts that read this forum.
    If you don't like what I post just ignore it.

Finally I would like to ask moderators to review your post here above as I consider it insulting in my regards (once again).

Paolo

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Finally I would like to ask moderators to review your post here above as I consider it insulting in my regards (once again).
    Paolo
    Why are you simpering and whining about your insulted regards? You posted a crap regenexx site yourself to create weird high drama over AIDS papers and STAP cells? Nobody was supposed to comment on their vitamin/herb sales, stem cell procedures and quackwatch disclosure?

This is some kind of strange melodramatic commentary you've got going here. You use a relevant subject matter such as ESC to draw people to read a thread in CURE, but then they find you've done the 360 on them and taken the story into a senseless abyss of gloom and doom with misquotes out of context. It's being used to enhance "your" opinions and various depressing storylines.

So, no, I don't find this type of troll post very interesting to people involved in advocacy as you so put it. You waste their time wading through your endless opinion statements using these diversions tactics since the thread never was about ESC research...AIDS papers and the STAP cell paper don't trip the cure trigger. You insult everyone's intelligence with such nonsense and then say not to read it..? You may as well keep selling UGG's ...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 06-25-2014 at 11:51 PM.