Thread: Anyone tried ditching the ditropan xl?

Anyone tried ditching the ditropan xl?

I've been t-5 for almost 30 years. I'm incomplete so I have some feeling and know when I have to pee, but have to cath myself to do so (unless I wait too long, then I just pee but don't usually fully empty my bladder.)
    Do I really HAVE to take ditropan xl? I hate the side effects. I thought I remembered someone saying something about it helping with pressure, and to stop taking it could be a bad thing...?

Oops...never mind. I see where an SCI nurse has replied to someone about this already.

Have you tried Detrol, Sactura or Vesicare? I don't think Detrol and Vesicare dry one out so much. I am not sure what to expect after when on the ditro so long.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Denver, Colorado USA ---- C5/6 Complete 1985
    I stopped it, but I use SP cath. My urologist said it's not a problem. And I guess he was right. Its been about 15 years since I quit.

What did SCI Nurse say? Can you post the link or delete this thread, so we don't repeat it?

Quote Originally Posted by ThinkerGirl View Post
    I've been t-5 for almost 30 years. I'm incomplete so I have some feeling and know when I have to pee, but have to cath myself to do so (unless I wait too long, then I just pee but don't usually fully empty my bladder.)
    Do I really HAVE to take ditropan xl? I hate the side effects. I thought I remembered someone saying something about it helping with pressure, and to stop taking it could be a bad thing...?
    Have you considered Botox injections?

All the best,
    GJ

Agree with comments above to try different medications