Thread: Do some people actually resent and hate aides?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Do some people actually resent and hate aides?

It interests me how several people have interpreted very innocently intended comments by me on this forum as being filled with hatred and anger. In fact it's obvious that most of my post and comments and questions on this forum have been written in an effort, for which I am not being paid anything extra, to give the best care possible to the my patient.

These comments are written by people who apparently themselves use aides to some degree.

I am wondering: Does my profession remind some people of their disability and provoke anger and hatred towards me? Also, when someone's loved one is disabled and/or terminally ill, do I remind the family of that fact, thereby increasing the terror which they already feel and therefore making them resent me?

In other words, are aides sometimes scapegoats?

As an aside, some people have commented that I'm apparently dissatisfied with my job and therefore I should switch professions.

In principle that is excellent advice. However according to a 2013 Gallop report on the State of the American Workplace, 70% of American workers are “not engaged” or “actively disengaged” and are emotionally disconnected from their workplaces and less likely to be productive. It would be wonderful if all of us in that 70% could switch to something we really like, however I doubt that is realistic.
    Last edited by liveinaide; 06-20-2014 at 06:32 PM.