Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: some pleas from a home health aide to patients and their families

Quote Originally Posted by t8burst View Post
    Have you ever thought of a different line of work? You don't seem to be a fount of positivity about being a caregiver.
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by LaMemChose View Post
    Quit. Move to a less expensive city. Get an education. Find a better job.
    And this.

Quote Originally Posted by liveinaide View Post
    I cannot live more than a two hour drive from my three small children, but thanks anyway.
    Take them with you?

seems like u just came here to pick a fight and you will not get one from me. Best of luck to you

I usually won't hire anyone over 30. I can't pay enough to support a family. When I do hire th? job duties are made clear and my assistants. Know what's expected. I do not employ CNAs simply because it's tiring to re-educate them from a nursing home attitude.

Quote Originally Posted by -scott- View Post
    Take them with you?
    The Family Court has given mom custody.

Quote Originally Posted by djrolling View Post
    seems like u just came here to pick a fight and you will not get one from me. Best of luck to you
    How does it seem like that? Because I am asking people to please treat their caregivers with minimal respect and not ask them to break the law? That's so outrageous that I must be saying it just to make people angry?

Liveinaide go away! All you want is a fight and you are not taking the advice you are getting so just go away and get another job. Oh and most people that have caregivers treat them with the upmost respect. And if your not getting that then you are the problem.
    T6 Incomplete due to a Spinal cord infarction July 2009

The Family Court has given mom custody.
    Ahhhhhhhhhh ..... If you cannot care for your kids, how do you expect to care for someone who is but a friend?

Ahhhhhhhhhhh How many American eight year old girls, statistically, live with their father after a divorce?

I just love cowards who are so rude to people when they are hiding behind the supposed anonymity of the Internet and there aren't any consequences. I would love to contact some of your former aides and asked them how they liked working for you.

How does it seem like that? Because I am asking people to please treat their caregivers with minimal respect and not ask them to break the law? That's so outrageous that I must be saying it just to make people angry?
    No because you attack people who suggest you aren't happy with your chosen profession and should look for something else. No one has suggested you break the law or not be treated with respect. My guess is you are a fairly lazy "care" giver. A good example is your taking issue with being requested to give your ward some "fresh air", what is being asked is not to put them in a wind tunnel or even to actually take them outside but to provide some human interaction instead of having them just stare at a TV all day. That however would require effort on your part so you ignore the obvious connotation and take it literally so you don't have to do anything extra.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh How many American eight year old girls, statistically, live with their father after a divorce?
    Courts don't make decisions based on statistics.