Thread: hotline to a support and advocate

hotline to a support and advocate

Time is moving fast and im been deeply isolated with pain and DR want to ween me off someone with resource to help me call befor its to late! 8562033066
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

PM'd you and will call as soon as I can

ket

Why do doctors want to ween you off of things when you are riddled with pain? I don't understand that.

good luck with this stuff
    I pm'd you

Most Dr have no idea what we go through. The up and coming dr. just want to do their work by the book and being a SCI, there is no demand in treatment due to the small population of the nature of SCI my best theory. Living in the city is crazy with corruption etc and I just needed someone to talk to because I been carrying too much of it and trying to be positive through it all has taken it's toll but I thank those who did call and I feel better. Thanks to all! I just cant up and leave when all you have gain through the struggling make it impossible unless a great blessing fall upon my lap to be able. The people here is cruel but some day it will be fine God willing. My Dr left with my file and basically PCP is telling me they cant treat me with narco meds and it angers me because it has happen a few times. Hopefully this appointment with pain management will help me or toss me to the side. Yes, the story of my life! I will be fine.
    life begins when you walk in spirit papito189@gmail.com

What kind of encouragement is given to one with isolating pain? I've been on oxycoden for a year but became tolerant of it. Pain doc increased the dose but it gives me a vile headache so I've gone down to the dose that does no good. How have people gotten off the narcotics? What kind of coping mechanisms are in place? I used to handle this better but now the pain is getting the best of me. Any advice would be welcomed. Thanks

Many on a narcotic for neuropathic pain try an add on such as Neurotnin, Lyrica or Cymbalta if low dose amitriptyline (Elavil) does not help. Elavil is rather inexpensive so if you're dealing with Medicaid cost restraints I would think a doctor would be thrilled to try it first. Normally it is tried before narcotics for most nerve pain. If an add on works you may be able to adjust your narcotic drug downward. The first 3 meds often take a slow build up to find an effective dose.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

I don't see or hear of to many people getting much relief from this pain... just side effects.. doctors know this to