Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Some odd health ideas I've dealt with as a caregiver

Just asking...Why does anyone engage with responses to this original poster? With a lack of response from anyone on this forum, this person will just vanish. Let it go already!

All the best,
    GJ

Quote Originally Posted by liveinaide View Post
    Did increased sun exposure resolve the vitamin D problem? I understand a great many people are low on vitamin D. I know that as a computer programmer in years past, due to the nature of my work, there were probably weeks when I barely saw the sun and, following my company's dress code, I was all covered up too.
    Not totally as once the rainy fall started I headed back indoors. I did increase foods high in D and added 2,000IUs of OTC D. The next spring I was borderline. It is more than diet or lack of sun alone. LaMem is correct in that sunlight also cuts down the need for many antidepressants. As you are over 50 I would almost bet your PCP if female would suggest you up your D to 2,000 IUs a day no matter your job or health status.
    Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow."

Disclaimer: Answers, suggestions, and/or comments do not constitute medical advice expressed or implied and are based solely on my experiences as a SCI patient. Please consult your attending physician for medical advise and treatment. In the event of a medical emergency please call 911.

Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).