Thread: Quickie P200 Broken

Quickie P200 Broken

I have been using this Quickie P200 since 1997. It is a very reliable chair. Yesterday a hard piece of plastic broke off where the leg chair swings out and in. I live in Southern California. Where should I go to replace this part of my chair? This chair is not covered under any warranty. I will also need to purchase (at a later date) a gearbox and motor.

TIA!

Last edited by PN; 06-17-2014 at 08:48 PM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

Complex problems need to be solved collectively.
    ––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Are you speaking of that little black cap laying on the floor? Does it cover the top screw of the three in the picture? If that's it, I think its just decorative.

It (black plastic) is not decorative. When the chair leg is in the open position, it starts to come off the chair. The black plastic cap (release lever) is more like an anchor for the chair leg. The plastic has been sheared off.
    Last edited by PN; 06-17-2014 at 09:01 PM.
    The test of success is not what you do when you are on top. Success is how high you bounce when you hit the bottom
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

Best bet would be to keep an eye on ebay, or call around to dealers and see if they have any old stock laying around.

I purchased the part this morning.

Thanks for the replies!
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

The price I am paying to keep this chair alive. I was told two hours to do the job at $80 an hour. My plan is to keep the two old motors. They can be rebuilt. These parts are hard to find because the chair is discontinued. Sunrise sells the gearbox and motor together as one unit. You can't just purchase a new motor.

Estimate:
    Part #499402 - MOTOR W/PLUG & SWITCH 14-18 P2 1,029.18
    499402 2 $1,029.18 $2,058.36
    Subtotal
    Tax
    Shipping
    TOTAL $2,058.36
    $0.00
    $9.95
    $2,068.31
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

You can get your motors refurbished for a fraction of that estimate: http://www.eurtonelectric.com

Wheelchairs are listed as having the motors mentioned in the above link. You may just need new brushes, which should be quite cheap to replace.
    I have had periodic paralysis all my life. I lost my ability to walk in 2011 beginning with a spinal block, which was used for a hip fracture caused by periodic paralysis.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustyjames View Post
    You can get your motors refurbished for a fraction of that estimate: http://www.eurtonelectric.com
    This link was helpful. A rebuilt gearbox and motor will cost $800. The problem is they do not have any gearboxes. The cost for a new gearbox and motor is $1000. I am checking out eBay for a chair or parts.
    --General George Patton

––Paul Nussbaum
    usc87.blogspot.com

I'm new to this forum and thread but not to the gimp game. I have two complete old P200's and one for parts. If you are still in need of P200 parts, I most likely have what you need. Contact me and I will set you up.