Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Mind-Controlled Exoskeleton Will Debut at World Cup Opener 2014

Quote Originally Posted by Gordy1 View Post
    Here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NAPsk1VZDKc

Talk about unimpressive, unseen by the majority of the world, and a lost opportunity....
    what a joke.
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

<----Scott Weiland---->

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/wor...-world-n129941

Some more pictures of the monstrosity here. Plus some reasonably balanced text.
    Gordon, father of son who became t6 paraplegic at the age of 4 in 2007 as a result of surgery to remove a spinal tumour.

Quote Originally Posted by Barrington314mx View Post
    Ugly ...just ugly
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Wow... exactly as predicted...

I'm being sarcastic of course, but I'm sadly disappointed for all the money spent in research so far and this is all what they have to show for...
    Besides the two handles one of each side shows that the balance is not stable, has anyone else noticed the cable in back?? was it really mind controlled or controlled by someone in back with something like a joystick?? or a red button to kick the ball? I mean... look at that thing... Sorry but I had imagined it more sophisticated and allot more compact that that by now.

At that angle it looks like a robot grabbing and doing him 'you know what' in the behind...
    Last edited by Moe; 06-13-2014 at 02:48 PM.

From my understanding, that person is not paralyzed nor does that "robot" even work on paralyzed patients. He has MS and has "motor weakness". Im getting this info from a comment left by someone claiming to be a part of the project team. They also say that its capable of doing what was expected (like shown in the preview animation). FIFA initially told them to prepare for a 15 minutes slot, then changed to 5 minutes, then 1 minute.

I’m a fan of this project and a big fan of brain computer interface and its future potential to help return function to the paralyzed. But, this was just plain stupid. The guy in the suit did not walk to the ball. He was being held up by two guys! All he did was “kick” a ball that was perfectly right in front of his foot. I’m sure it was a simple yes/no signal that told the robot foot to move forward. Not much human brain control. That is not new technology. There was no implanted brain chip that was reading brain signals and sending sensory feedback to the brain (like the project was intended to do!)

The honorable thing to do was just to cancel the event. Nobody would have even cared/noticed. This is just embarrassing to anyone who knows anything about brain computer interface.

I put a lot of hope in this project over 4 years ago when I first heard Nicolelis talk about it. He talked a huge game and this was all that he had to show for it. Embarrassing.

Actually ...as is the same with all computer stuff, it will get better and improved upon ,more agile and less bulky ...

That being said ,I am still for a biological treatment over this any day
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

What a disaster