Thread: ZRA vs ZR

ZRA vs ZR

ZRA vs ZR

May I know ZR weight lighter than ZRA how much ??
    with using 24" Tilite standard rear wheel and tyre.

Tq...
    Last edited by zamzam; 06-10-2014 at 10:47 AM.

Tilite's Chair Comparison says the transport weight of ZR is 1.4# lighter than the ZRA.
    Chas
    TiLite TR3
    Dual-Axle TR3 with RioMobility DragonFly
    I am a person with mild/moderate hexaparesis (impaired movement in 4 limbs, head, & torso) caused by RRMS w/TM C7&T7 incomplete.

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said, but what I don't think you realize is that what you heard is not what I meant."
    <
    UNKNOWN AUTHOR>

Quote Originally Posted by chasmengr View Post
    Tilite's Chair Comparison says the transport weight of ZR is 1.4# lighter than the ZRA.

ZR weight "1.4 lbs" lighter than ZRA, is consider a small amount.
    But the price is a lot of different, ZR extra $300.00.

may i know is that extra $300, just because having "1.4 lbs" lighter or something else ??

300 dollars is a small amount, and 1.4 pounds is a lot of weight.

Quote Originally Posted by zamzam View Post
    ZR weight "1.4 lbs" lighter than ZRA, is consider a small amount.
    But the price is a lot of different, ZR extra $300.00.

may i know is that extra $300, just because having "1.4 lbs" lighter or something else ??

ZR = Limited Adjustability, ZRA = Full Adjustability. The added weight is because of all of the adjustability. I think you will find many posts on the forum that talk about adjustability, and whether you need it or not. My personal view is that if you are new to ultralight wheelchairs, go with full adjustability. If you are experienced and know exactly what you need, limited adjustability might be okay for you. Being only 2 years into having an ultralight wheelchair, I am very glad that we have the fully adjustable ZRA.
    Partner of an incredible stroke survivor. Limitations: hemiparesis and neglect (functional paralysis and complete lack of awareness on one side). Equipment: TiLite ZRA 2 and 2GX, Spinergy ZX-1, RioMobility Firefly. Knowledge: relative newbie for high-level equipment (2012), but willing to try to help others who are new with similar limitations (definitely not a guru, but inquisitive).

I bought a ZRA when I changed to Tilite after lots of years with Top End. I hated the larger diameter tubing used on the ZR and ZRA. Went to a TR3 with the smaller tubing and full box frame. Will never,ever go back to a ZR or ZRA.

Elatson is correct to go with an adjustable if you are new to the company or not sure of your measurements. Remember one companies measurements may end up being completely different using them for another companies chair measurements. That's why I went for an adjustable when changing to Tilite; glad I did as I had to adjust for the differences.

i'm with pat. went from zrs to tr love it. in process of ordering new tr3. making some changes too.
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer