Thread: video recap of may, looking for strength training wisdom

video recap of may, looking for strength training wisdom

http://youtu.be/JdFXHQGpX8U This is a short recap of things I worked on in May. I think I have the potential for greater progress than I can even imagine. I appreciate any ideas and workout knowledge. I'm trying to figure out and get a better grasp on simple yet effective strength building exercises. Thank you for helping. Ian

I'm using "rickshaw exerciser" (you can google it for a view), to strengthen my muscles for transfers. That is, the two poles of the exerciser are pushed downward. At present I can only put on a total of 8 pounds, started out with about 4 pounds 4 weeks ago. As I'm older, I try not to overdo it as I have chronic shoulder pain. Also use therabands. Hook the tubing around the push handles of my chair and grabbing hand grips, push outward. Again, using the yellow or green bands for easier workout. Hook bands around wheelchair tubing to exercise biceps.

Your exercise routines look fantastic! Keep it up. Have you any inclination to try a handcycle? Great for aerobic exercise as well as strength by using the gears.

thank you triumph. I have one of those little cycles, I need to find it because I've been thinking I need to try it again. My left hand can't grasp too well so I hope to find some sort of assist. I will check out the rickshaw exerciser. Thank you again and don't give up

Quote Originally Posted by tryharder View Post
    thank you triumph. I have one of those little cycles, I need to find it because I've been thinking I need to try it again. My left hand can't grasp too well so I hope to find some sort of assist. I will check out the rickshaw exerciser. Thank you again and don't give up
    To clarify, a bike (handcycle) with gears. There's a quad who bikes and posts many solutions on carecure for those with hand grasping issues.