Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Intathecal Delivery of Your Stem Cells Available

Hello all,How do injected adult cells (into the cerbro spinal fluid) get to a part of the brain that is dead from and injury a while ago? A good example is how would they know how to get to a damaged region of the cortex???Thanks for your answer and help,Sincerely,Sog

Quote Originally Posted by Sog View Post
    Hello all,How do injected adult cells (into the cerbro spinal fluid) get to a part of the brain that is dead from and injury a while ago? A good example is how would they know how to get to a damaged region of the cortex???Thanks for your answer and help,Sincerely,Sog
    Stem cells don't "know" how to get anywhere if they are injected intrathecally. If you put stem cells in the blood stream, all you can really do is wish yourself good luck that the stem cells find the area that needs them. That is why there is such a high risk for side effects.

Hi Tomsonite,
    And by the way thanks so much for responding to my posts
    So if stem cells dont know to get to a dead/damaged area is there any evidence that lots of cells (injected into the cerebro spinal fluid) could improve something like stroke a while after it happened? Could/would they go to the area of the damage if you injected *a lot* of them??? Because this would be so much more ideal than getting surgery for them to be injected to the exact location ... plus my damage is in my vental medial prefrontal cortex... HOW ON EARTH COULD I GET SURGER THERE??? WOULD BE REALLY HARD.
    Thanks so much for all you kind answers and replays!!!
    SOG