Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 44 years

44 years

Today marks my 44th year since crashing my motorcycle and becoming a para. About 3PM 6/6/70 loaded from bottom of gravel pit into ambulance, off to Jersey Shore Medical Ctr for 1.5 months, then to Rusk Rehab in NYC for 7 months (rehab was long back then). Lived in NYC post rehab 1st in dorm at NYU for Masters in Voc Rehab then w girlfriend (now wife) at Vladeck Houses. Fled inaccessible NYC to NC then to Mi. Worked 30 years, now retired. I rarely think about my pre sci life and my 44 years post have largely been great. Hoping my health and my wife's continues at a tolerable level for some years to come.

Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by ancientgimp View Post
    Today marks my 44th year since crashing my motorcycle and becoming a para. About 3PM 6/6/70 loaded from bottom of gravel pit into ambulance, off to Jersey Shore Medical Ctr for 1.5 months, then to Rusk Rehab in NYC for 7 months (rehab was long back then). Lived in NYC post rehab 1st in dorm at NYU for Masters in Voc Rehab then w girlfriend (now wife) at Vladeck Houses. Fled inaccessible NYC to NC then to Mi. Worked 30 years, now retired. I rarely think about my pre sci life and my 44 years post have largely been great. Hoping my health and my wife's continues at a tolerable level for some years to come.
    It's a miracle we met in 1972 in a city of 7 million.....love you forever!

Congratulations to a trail blazer. A toast to you this evening is on the dinner menu.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/

Keep Rollin... My first 32 were a piece of cake...

Congrats big time Ancient! Mines coming up on the 21st; 42 years. We old guys had it lucky in that we got extensive rehab. We came out strong, usually driving and ready to be independent as possible. Here's to you and your wonderful wife's (Triumph) continued good health.

Cheers!

All the best,
    GJ & NL

Congrats! You can be proud of all your accomplishments in your life; as well as those still to come.

(KLD)

Congrats, stay strong and keep on rolling!