Thread: Permobil C500 swing-away joystick problem

Permobil C500 swing-away joystick problem

I have a C500 and the swingaway joystick has started hanging up and will only swing 90 degrees, as opposed to all the way back to butt up against the side of the arm-rest. It would hag up periodically and then today it kept binding up half way through. Anyone had any problems with this?
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein

Didn't get the swingaway on the permobil but on the Invacare David had the same problem. The bolts where all full of gunk from him dropping food, dog slobber, etc. on it

From a small cabin in the big woods of The Allegheny National Forest, PA
    No problem yet but was looking at the Permoble service manuals which are great. All it really says is to use the knob on the friction joint to adjust how easy or stiff the panel is for pushing out to the side. Maybe the knob tightened up too much or the shaft got bent somehow. I'm surprised mine's not bent after running into the sink base and stuff.
    C 5/6 Comp.
    No Tri's or hand function.

Far better it is to try mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure. Than to take rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much or suffer much, because they live in the grey twilight that knows neither victory or defeat.

Teddy Roosevelt

Thanks guys. Fore, that sounds like what it could be. Lord knows I'm as hard on stuff as you are. i'll see what adjustment I can make.
    "It is every man's obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it. Try not to become a man of success but rather try to become a man of value." - Albert Einstein