Thread: "Thanks for interviewing for the job, but...."

"Thanks for interviewing for the job, but...."

The rejection, I always hate going through that part of hiring a new pca. Just curious how you all do it. Email? Phone call? If it goes to voice mail, do you leave a message or call back? Ever had a new hire not work out, so you contacted someone you just rejected?
    Thanks

I always called those that I interviewed (not just those who sent in an application) and tell them that 1) they were a good candidate (if that is true) but that 2) I am hiring someone else (you don't have to give a reason). If they were a good candidate, I also asked them if they would like to be contacedt again in the future if we have another opening, and if so, I will keep there information on file.

(KLD)

Quote Originally Posted by SCI-Nurse View Post
    I always called those that I interviewed (not just those who sent in an application) and tell them that 1) they were a good candidate (if that is true) but that 2) I am hiring someone else (you don't have to give a reason). If they were a good candidate, I also asked them if they would like to be contacedt again in the future if we have another opening, and if so, I will keep there information on file.

(KLD)
    Have you ever contacted one of those candidates? Did they accept the job?
    I was planning on doing that just in case the one I do hire doesn't work out for whatever reason.

No, never did, although I did interview one again after the previous PCA left the job. Still ended up picking someone else.

(KLD)

At the end of the interview I always tell them I will call when the interviews are completed and I make a decision. If They are not selected but do have potential, when I call I ask if they would like me to keep them on file should a future opening occur. My most recent hire is one whose file I kept and she s working out well. I have two other files that I kept from this recent recruitment effort. Sometimes selecting one over another is a close call and there is no reason to not reconsider them if still available. I treat them respectfully, honestly, and openly from the onset. I have given a couple who I did not hire other job leads that I was aware of. Good people are hard to find and it benefits both the applicant and my SCI friends who are in need.
    You will find a guide to preserving shoulder function @
    http://www.rstce.pitt.edu/RSTCE_Reso...imb_Injury.pdf

See my personal webpage @
    http://cccforum55.freehostia.com/