Thread: Bowel Issue, Distended Abdomen

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Bowel Issue, Distended Abdomen

Yesterday & overnight my dysreflexia was terrible because I needed to do my bowel program. My nurse was scheduled to help me do the bowel program on Monday morning but didn't arrive because of the Memorial Day holiday. Another nurse didn't get here until this morning (Tuesday).

The bowel program went fine but now my stomach is really distended from what must be gas? It's causing some pain & mild dysreflexia. What caused this & how can I get rid of the distension?

Thanks
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.ā€ - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust

You need to do bowel care again ASAP. Perhaps take a laxative too (Miralax, for example). You may have an accident, but it will help get you cleaned out. How high is your blood pressure? Do you have meds to take to keep it under control while you get cleaned out?

(KLD)

Thanks SCI-Nurse...everything is back to normal.
    C4/5 incomplete, 17 years since injury

"The trick is in what one emphasizes. We either make ourselves miserable, or we make ourselves happy. The amount of work is the same.ā€ - Carlos Castaneda

"We live not alone but chained to a creature of a different kingdom: our body." - Marcel Proust