Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Is sensation return possible?

I couldn't imagine, it's been almost 3 year for me and I can only feel my face. Honest truth is it's really getting to me sexually yes, no relief or plessure. I just want to feel others touch, the things around me I feel so disconnected from everything and everyone because I don't even really know it's there. It's driving me insane physically I only feel pain and spasms, only physical pleasure I get is sneezing. I don't know why it's catching up to me now, never really bothered me I just rubbed my face all the time i got stressed about it. It's not helping anymore.
    Last edited by JamesMcM; 04-09-2015 at 10:46 AM.

I hear you. It is horrific.

sensation

I am T-9 complete. I have no feeling at all or movement below my injury. However, I noticed that when I rub along my spine at the lower back around the injury with a loofa brush, I get a tingling sensation down the back of my legs. Anyone else get this type of reaction below the injury point?

Quote Originally Posted by mwalshusa View Post
    I am T-9 complete. I have no feeling at all or movement below my injury. However, I noticed that when I rub along my spine at the lower back around the injury with a loofa brush, I get a tingling sensation down the back of my legs. Anyone else get this type of reaction below the injury point?

I am incomplete L1 but have similiar sensations. When i rub my back I feel corresponding leg tingle, same with nipples.

i think promising things are in our future:

https://www.facebook.com/ChondroDogs...0/?pnref=story

Encouraging but fact is highly unlikely that dog was a chronic injury.

Sensory nerves need to be activated and stimulated to reorganized after axons sprout and lesions are regenerated, same as motor function. I don't know if it's possible sensory recovery in the stem cells Inc. paraplegic trial is encouraging though especially because they probably weren't using stem or full body vibration to stimulate sensory nerves which could enhance recovery potentially, with prolonged use. Sensation is just as important as motor function in my eyes, without a doubt. And it seems to get over looked.

A Neurologist told me after my older son's brain tumor removal (before younger son's SCI with TBI) that there is so much more that we do not know about the brain and its pathways that what we do. I believe this do this day as I now have experienced all of it. While Ryan's SCI is incomplete, his TBI is ???. Every day is a new evperience. The challenge is in finding doctors and therapists that are able and willing to push the limits.--eak
    Elizabeth A. Kephart, PHR
    mom/caregiver to Ryan-age 21
    Incomplete C-2 with TBI since 3/09

StemCells, Inc. Announces Positive Top-Line Results of Its Thoracic Spinal Cord Injury Phase I/II Study

"Enrollment included seven AIS A and 5 AIS B patients. The study showed a favorable safety, feasibility and tolerability profile with no adverse events associated to the HuCNS-SC cells. Twelve months after transplantation of the HuCNS-SC cells, data showed gains in sensory function in three of the seven AIS A patients and four of the five AIS B patients. In addition, two patients progressed from the most severe classification, AIS A, to a lesser degree of injury grade, AIS B.

In follow-up to the thoracic study, the Company has initiated a Phase II trial designed to measure efficacy in cervical spinal cord injury. The Phase II trial, also called the Pathway study, is a controlled study and was initiated in late 2014."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stemce...123000985.html

Quote Originally Posted by MikeB View Post
    StemCells, Inc. Announces Positive Top-Line Results of Its Thoracic Spinal Cord Injury Phase I/II Study

"Enrollment included seven AIS A and 5 AIS B patients. The study showed a favorable safety, feasibility and tolerability profile with no adverse events associated to the HuCNS-SC cells. Twelve months after transplantation of the HuCNS-SC cells, data showed gains in sensory function in three of the seven AIS A patients and four of the five AIS B patients. In addition, two patients progressed from the most severe classification, AIS A, to a lesser degree of injury grade, AIS B.

In follow-up to the thoracic study, the Company has initiated a Phase II trial designed to measure efficacy in cervical spinal cord injury. The Phase II trial, also called the Pathway study, is a controlled study and was initiated in late 2014."

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/stemce...123000985.html
    Yeah, I really hope this is real. I think a lot of folks here want to see sensation gains to support sexual recovery. That would be nice, but I think the return of sensation is far more important to guard against accidental tissue damage. I have always had fair sensation, and never a bad ulcer. But, I have had friends who had more functional muscles than I do, but who died from complications of ulcers.